Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

3.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

You will have two 45-minute back-to-back interviews, including both case (35 minutes) and behavioral (10 minutes). The cases can be confusing if you don't clarify terms you don't know of. Be sure you communicate the process well. Listen and observe the interviewers. Sometimes they will pressure test you. Behavioral part is a typical process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took one week. It was a good experience. Two interviews on campus (both cases and fit) but focused on case. Next day I received a call that I had made it to the final round. The final round was four days later and took place at their offices. Final round consisted of three interviews (cases and fit).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First-round interviews at BCG consist of two back-to-back case interviews. Each interview was about 45 minutes long and were one-on-one with a project manager. I was there on one of the ivy days, so there were about 25 other applicants during the time-block I signed up for, and there were 3 time blocks that day.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was regarding a pharmaceutical company wanting to open new distribution channels in Brazil.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

The first round interviews were 2 back to back 45 minutes each. 5-10 minutes were for behavioral/fit questions, 30 minutes dedicated to the case case, and the rest for questions the applicant has. Behavioral questions were pretty straightforward, the interviewer is just trying to get to know you and see how you work on teams. The cases themselves are not super tricky, as long as you have a clear structure and stay organized throughout it. A lot of graphs (you need to ask the right questions to get the chart data) and some math. Interviewers are there to guide you, not trick you. But that being said, the interviews are definitely interviewee-led.

Interview Questions

• When was a time an idea of yours at your last job received pushback, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Case questions are very simple but it takes much preparation. As all other interviews, it is very nerve racking. This case question was about a golf course that rewards its customers for their performance in monetary prizes of different amounts. However, to play a hole costs money and to the chances of customers making the hole is given. Using this information, the interviewee needs to find the break even point and other decision making variables.

Intern Interview

Interview

interviewed on campus. flew on site for second round. People are very very nice. Two cases for first round and two cases for second round. Cases are much harder for second round

Intern Interview

Interview

Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Interview

Lean process, with less steps than the other consultancy firms. Could be more supportive by offering coach or trainning sessions for the candidates, as the other firms did. Also could give feedback to their candidates as a way to improve their chances to learn and grow for other opportunities. Great format of case interview by presenting data and graphics in paper as the case advance.

Interview Questions

• Business case with slides and printed data, not only verbal presented data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Two one on one interviews on the same day. One in English, one in your native language. If you pass those interviews then you intern at the office you applied in application form.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer summarized her last project with the client. She asked many why questions in order to understand you haven't just memorized common frameworks. There was a cheese company in Holland who was looking to increase its revenue. One questions was which options should you consider to increase the revenue? You are expected to give at least 3-4 answers. In my case, she was looking for you to say "expanding other countries". Then she asked which criteria should be used before entering into new market. After a couple of more questions, she showed me a chart and wanted me calculate production cost.   Answer Question