Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.8

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Case questions are very simple but it takes much preparation. As all other interviews, it is very nerve racking. This case question was about a golf course that rewards its customers for their performance in monetary prizes of different amounts. However, to play a hole costs money and to the chances of customers making the hole is given. Using this information, the interviewee needs to find the break even point and other decision making variables.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round of interviews is comprised of two back-to-back interviews, each with about 15 minutes of personal questions (ie: "name a time when you led a group to achieve a tangible goal.") The second part is a 25 minute case question.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you failed." and the case portion in general   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in August 2013.

Interview

After a recruiting presentation at the university, there was an initial test (GMAT-based). Those who got approved were scheduled two interviews with Project Leaders. The last round was composed of two interviews with Partners or Principals, mostly with Partners.

The office is extremely customized and beautiful. As I have been interviewed with all major consulting companies, I can tell that there was a very friendly, relaxed environment, in which the interviewers sincerely wanted to know you better, both from a business and form a personal point of view.

In hindsight, I could see that several points mentioned in the recruiting presentation (such as respect for the employees and informal culture) were definitely true. I did not have similar experiences in the rival firms.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important factors to look into in the merger of two very big pharmaceutical companies? Inside each of these factors, which further areas deserve more attention?

As the case progressed, more data was available for the candidate.

In the end, the interviewer asked about recommendations for the client, which naturally was one of the pharmaceutical companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able choose the starting date that fits best for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Warsaw (Poland)) in July 2010.

Interview

Quite tough and many stages. I was surprised by some of the questions, especially those analytical ones. As these questions usually follow the same pattern I would advise you to read a book about them before you go to the interview.

Be sure you are well dressed, confident and prepared.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2011.

Interview

3 parts:
    - Fit questions
    - Business Case
    - Ask what you want

Interview Questions

• Tell me two characteristics of your personality you have to improve and how you'll do that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I just signed the contract. It was really good so no need to change.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2015.

Interview

Short, intense and well-structured. BCG presents the company and its recruiting process twice a year at universities. They explain their recruiting process, the structure, the deadlines and gives general recommendations. The process is divided in 3 phases: Tests, Interviews w/ project leaders, Interviews with partners, which you can do in 3 days, taking no more than 3 hours a day. The interviews are tough and preparation is recommended.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell my story, including personal background and experiences and what led me to applying for a job at BCG   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in July 2017.

Interview

Eerste ronde bestaat uit computertest en een case-interview met consultant (die +/- 5 jaar ervaring heeft). Tweede ronde bestaat uit het oplossen van (1) een 'basket case', je krijgt een mapje met informatie en moet oplossingen op drie vragen aan de hand van vragen illustreren en bespreken met senior consultant(met tijdsbeperking); (2) een gewone case-interview met een andere senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• Waarom wil jij specifiek bij BCG werken en geen andere consulting firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews following the same outline. First, some personal questions. Then, a practical case. In both cases, the interviewers were quite helpful (both of them young BCG members). Then the interview was closed with some relaxing personal questions as well as a quick English test to verify my level. It was a satisfying experience, and they provided me with feedback the week after.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest achievement?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

From over 500 candidates, 50 were picked to do interviews at the office. There, I had two case rounds with consultants and 1 online case. The online case was slightly more difficult than the one trial case that you can find on their website, also some questions were not that well explained.

Interview Questions

• Future prospects case for a 'new' product   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 interviews + 1 online case (multiple choice)

online case: you get a virtual case study and have to analyze the company (e.g. calculate revenue, profit margins) and determine what there most critical problems are and how you could tackle them. All questions are multiple choice (exactly 1 solution correct).
    Half of the people struggled with the time, so be sure that you can do some more complex multiplication in written form very quick.

Interview Questions

• What are important values for me?
      What do I want to learn?
      What is the one thing I am most proud of?   Answer Question