Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

3.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two round. First round was a group interview with one other applicant and the interviewer. It was all behavioral questions. Second round was two case interviews. The first round was in the office closest to my school. The second round was in the office I would be interning at.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're interested in? Talk about a problem in that area.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard: 2 interviews with different persons. One in German, one in English. Both with a case study and a personal part. Additionally, there was a 30 mins test of mathematical skills.

The interviewers were very friendly, there was also a Q&A session with someone not involved in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Where would I find you on a saturday evening?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Motivational with an HR employee plus a business case to be solved in front of a manager working in the finance department. Then a third interview is to be made in front of a Psychologist.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your abroad experiences?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews following the same outline. First, some personal questions. Then, a practical case. In both cases, the interviewers were quite helpful (both of them young BCG members). Then the interview was closed with some relaxing personal questions as well as a quick English test to verify my level. It was a satisfying experience, and they provided me with feedback the week after.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest achievement?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

From over 500 candidates, 50 were picked to do interviews at the office. There, I had two case rounds with consultants and 1 online case. The online case was slightly more difficult than the one trial case that you can find on their website, also some questions were not that well explained.

Interview Questions

• Future prospects case for a 'new' product   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 interviews + 1 online case (multiple choice)

online case: you get a virtual case study and have to analyze the company (e.g. calculate revenue, profit margins) and determine what there most critical problems are and how you could tackle them. All questions are multiple choice (exactly 1 solution correct).
    Half of the people struggled with the time, so be sure that you can do some more complex multiplication in written form very quick.

Interview Questions

• What are important values for me?
      What do I want to learn?
      What is the one thing I am most proud of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, the process took forever. Applied in February, got a positive feedback in March. The email stated "you will be contacted by one of our recruiters shortly to arrange your first round interview". Time passed and, although I kept in touch asking if there was any problem with my application every month or so, no one called or even replied to my enquiry as a matter of fact. I called them up in July and finally managed to get the interview date.

Interview

First, they ask you to do the "BCG Potential Test": google it, there is enough info on the topic
    Then, two 1:1 interviews with two project leaders. Why BCG, why consulting, etc. Then two cases. Nothing unexpected.

I would also like to mention that it took them 3 months to reimburse expenses. They should REALLY fire someone in HR because both me and few other colleagues had a terrible experience with them.

Interview Questions

• - Airline x wants to know whether to launch a new route Milan-Cape Town. What would you recommend them?

- Client X is a producer of trains (for subways). Want to enter the USA market. How would you determine how big is the USA market for subway trains?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First-round interviews at BCG consist of two back-to-back case interviews. Each interview was about 45 minutes long and were one-on-one with a project manager. I was there on one of the ivy days, so there were about 25 other applicants during the time-block I signed up for, and there were 3 time blocks that day.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was regarding a pharmaceutical company wanting to open new distribution channels in Brazil.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of behavioral questions to get a better idea if I was compatible to work in their work environment. Have millions of qualified applicants but need to find the BCG fit and thats what they try to look for in interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Case questions are very simple but it takes much preparation. As all other interviews, it is very nerve racking. This case question was about a golf course that rewards its customers for their performance in monetary prizes of different amounts. However, to play a hole costs money and to the chances of customers making the hole is given. Using this information, the interviewee needs to find the break even point and other decision making variables.