Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.8

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

interviewed on campus. flew on site for second round. People are very very nice. Two cases for first round and two cases for second round. Cases are much harder for second round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Interview

Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Intern Interview

Interview

Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Questions

• guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did pretty well on guestimation

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard interview with case studies and behavior questions. You just have to be really insightful and logical. And be prepared for the excel functions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Interview

Lean process, with less steps than the other consultancy firms. Could be more supportive by offering coach or trainning sessions for the candidates, as the other firms did. Also could give feedback to their candidates as a way to improve their chances to learn and grow for other opportunities. Great format of case interview by presenting data and graphics in paper as the case advance.

Interview Questions

• Business case with slides and printed data, not only verbal presented data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Two one on one interviews on the same day. One in English, one in your native language. If you pass those interviews then you intern at the office you applied in application form.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer summarized her last project with the client. She asked many why questions in order to understand you haven't just memorized common frameworks. There was a cheese company in Holland who was looking to increase its revenue. One questions was which options should you consider to increase the revenue? You are expected to give at least 3-4 answers. In my case, she was looking for you to say "expanding other countries". Then she asked which criteria should be used before entering into new market. After a couple of more questions, she showed me a chart and wanted me calculate production cost.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had first round interview in Atlanta. Two 45 minute interviews with first 10 minutes behavioral. Had market entry and cost case. Practice unit conversion because that is what through me off.

Interview Questions

• Look at this slide and tell me which supplier we should use.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

went to several events, got through first round of interviews, enjoyed all people met, did not get an offer for the summer but was encouraged to apply for a full time offer in the fall

Interview Questions

• be ready for a question about a time you messed up and how you rectified the situation/what you learned   Answer Question