Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

3.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very interesting: they called me right after my application to come by for interview.
Just prepared myself a bit with case in point, after all they don't want you to use a predefined framework, they want you to create a framework on the spot. The first round was rather hard, while the in basket case in the second round wasn't too hard.
Btw, you always need some luck to survive :)

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard: 2 interviews with different persons. One in German, one in English. Both with a case study and a personal part. Additionally, there was a 30 mins test of mathematical skills.

The interviewers were very friendly, there was also a Q&A session with someone not involved in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Where would I find you on a saturday evening?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Motivational with an HR employee plus a business case to be solved in front of a manager working in the finance department. Then a third interview is to be made in front of a Psychologist.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your abroad experiences?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 interviews + 1 online case (multiple choice)

online case: you get a virtual case study and have to analyze the company (e.g. calculate revenue, profit margins) and determine what there most critical problems are and how you could tackle them. All questions are multiple choice (exactly 1 solution correct).
    Half of the people struggled with the time, so be sure that you can do some more complex multiplication in written form very quick.

Interview Questions

• What are important values for me?
      What do I want to learn?
      What is the one thing I am most proud of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

From over 500 candidates, 50 were picked to do interviews at the office. There, I had two case rounds with consultants and 1 online case. The online case was slightly more difficult than the one trial case that you can find on their website, also some questions were not that well explained.

Interview Questions

• Future prospects case for a 'new' product   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews following the same outline. First, some personal questions. Then, a practical case. In both cases, the interviewers were quite helpful (both of them young BCG members). Then the interview was closed with some relaxing personal questions as well as a quick English test to verify my level. It was a satisfying experience, and they provided me with feedback the week after.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest achievement?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, the process took forever. Applied in February, got a positive feedback in March. The email stated "you will be contacted by one of our recruiters shortly to arrange your first round interview". Time passed and, although I kept in touch asking if there was any problem with my application every month or so, no one called or even replied to my enquiry as a matter of fact. I called them up in July and finally managed to get the interview date.

Interview

First, they ask you to do the "BCG Potential Test": google it, there is enough info on the topic
    Then, two 1:1 interviews with two project leaders. Why BCG, why consulting, etc. Then two cases. Nothing unexpected.

I would also like to mention that it took them 3 months to reimburse expenses. They should REALLY fire someone in HR because both me and few other colleagues had a terrible experience with them.

Interview Questions

• - Airline x wants to know whether to launch a new route Milan-Cape Town. What would you recommend them?

- Client X is a producer of trains (for subways). Want to enter the USA market. How would you determine how big is the USA market for subway trains?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Had a total of 7 interviews (including 2 tests: witten case study and a computer math test). Everyone i spoke too was extremelly nice and polite. Cases are quiet tough, and require a lot of preparation and practice.
    The tests are pressure tests more than anything. GMAT style questions over a short period of time (less than 2 min per question).

Overall a great experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

It took forever. Between sending the CV and being accepted and getting the first interview took 3 months. It was not very well organized, the HR department I mean. The inteview itself was great, both the ontervieweres were very friendly and nice, i was nervous but as soon as we started the fit interview it was completely ok. It was enjoyable. the whole experience was enjoyable. I am still waiting for an answer but I have a feeling I ll get it. Best of luck for the ones making it.

Interview Questions

• Outside of work, what are the things that really motivate you and that you really like enjoy doing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2015.

Interview

We got an email from BCG to attend BCG Connection Event @ Hilton Hotel. After that we submit cv and were called to the first round interview which is in a form of group interview. this interview were mostly talked about the case and few weeks after that i received an email about the invitation of second round of interview with 2 principals. this 2nd round interview are in the form of individual interview. this is my very first time went through case interview, it was quite hard at first but because the interviewer was really nice and very helpful i could manage to grasp the problem and solution of the case

Interview Questions

• case interview about declining profit of major paper company   Answer Question