Boston Consulting Group Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

On campus recruitment from a top ‘feeder’ university. Hardest part is getting an interview with over 250+ applicants in school and only 20 interviews given, networking is of the essence. Two rounds of interviews. One on campus with project leaders, final rounds in office of offer with one principal and one partner. Both of first round consisted of case and fit. Second round consisted of a written case/fit interview and then a very relaxed brainstorming case and longer fit interview. Wonderful recruitment process!

Interview Questions

• Cass interview - profit increase and a M&A case.
    Fit - very experience based. Trying to get to know you as a person   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Online case (26 questions in 45 minutes)
    2. Case interview with two consultants. It was a little hard. The cases were about a pharmaceutic and the other one a South-Korean TV manufacturer.

Internship Interview

Interview

Two interviews, really inspiring. They were preceeded by an analytical test. Each interview consisted on both general questions and a practical case. The cases involved some easy math and you should come up with a clear piece of advice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BCG   2 Answers
    • What is your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Schedule issues

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in December 2016.

Interview

It's very fast. The interview process only took less than 1 hour. As soon as I sent my email they also reply it on the same day asking for interview 1:1

Interview Questions

• Calculate the taxi drivers revenue on daily basis   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in November 2016.

Interview

R1: Case interview with personal fit questions + Computer test
    R2: Case interview + Basket interview
    R3: Partner interview

Make sure to not only practice classic cases, but also try to tackle somewhat alternative problems.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG? Why strategy consulting? What is your greatest achievement? Talk to me about a problem you had within a team and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in September 2016.

Interview

1 online case, 2 case interviews with principals (45-60min each) . ~10min talk about CV and myself before case. One case about profitability and investment opportunity and the 2nd was a guesstimate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something interesting about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Round one, two 45 mins sections with two different interviewers.
    Each sections started with traditional interview questions, looking into personal knowledge. Asked me to speak french as I included it in my CV. each section then moved into a guided case during about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your story.

What have been your hardest roles.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2015.

Interview

Their are three interview rounds. The first round consists of a computer test and a case interview. In the computer test you get 45 minutes to answer 26 questions. The test looks like a business case and you get mathematical and logical questions. Afterwards, you get a case interview with a consultant at BCG. This takes on average one hour. The first 10-15 minutes they ask personal questions, after that the case starts, which takes 30 minutes and at the end you have 15 minutes to ask questions at the consultant. The second round consists of an in-basket case and a normal business case. For the in-basket case you get 2 hours to prepare a presentation with the information from the book you get. It is a lot on information and you don't need everything.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a situation where you had to be the leader of a group?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through The academy, their skill course where you get an automatic first round interview for the internship. At the first round i had 1h Interview + 1h Computer case.

Internship Interview

Interview

usual interview process. first of all a business case to be done on a computer and then an interview with a consultant