Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.7

Knowledge Analyst - Data Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin, later followed up by a call (resume walk through etc). Next up was a webex with RM of BCG. They are trying to figure out if you have excellent communication. I feel like it's important especially for top consulting companies that you talk with confidence. I explained my current job, tools in use to data analysis, python etc. This went well so next i was handed over a data engineering case along with presentation, that too went out pretty well so they flew me out for 1:1. I think my skills were pretty much in line since I cracked every assignment. This was perhaps the last step I think. I didn't get the offer because I panicked during my interview that day. Overall a good experience and would love to try again!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work. Do you use Spark/hive etc. How often?   Answer Question
    • What's the largest dataset size you've worked on   Answer Question
    • Cast study: I was given a 7M rows dataset and some question that I had to solve from the data also some extra insight that you can get on your own. Finally create a full study around the case.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After one brief HR phone screen, I was brought into the office for an in-person interview. After a second in-person interview schedule for the following week, I advanced to the final stage video interview with a partner. While the in-person interviews went very well, the partner was completely distracted and experiencing technical difficulties. Instead of rescheduling the interview, she proceeded with a scattered interview with many interruptions - I feel like this hurt my chances in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process in coordinating various stakeholders to execute an event   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and made sure I was relaxed.

Application

Interview

Apply online and then interview with back to back interviews. Each interview is supposed to be half behavioral and half case study, but in reality they were both overwhelmingly case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I had a telephone interview for this position at the Atlanta office. I got the phone call at the appointed time and the interviewer asked to tell her a little bit about myself and my accomplishments in about 3-4 minutes. After this she asked about my job experience and told me that she would forward my file to the hiring manager and they would contact me in a few days about their decision on whether or not I would continue in the interview process. The interviewer was friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

They flew me to Philadelphia office after 3/4 days of notice. Two interviewees with 30 minutes of Case interview and 15 minutes of basic behavioral questions per session. Didn't get an offer. Found out after 2 weeks of the interview.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. It took much longer than anticipated, but I was able to meet with many people (some twice). I wish there had been a quicker turn around so I hadn't put my job search on hold.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions.   1 Answer