Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017
1,189 Interview Reviews

3.7

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

wie vorher abgesprochen wurde zuerst ein online test durchgeführt, dann ein interview bestehen aus einem case study interview und einem personal fit interview. dieses interview ging ca. 45 minuten. während der personal fit teil machbar war, war der case study teil sehr schwer - trotz vorbereitung mit prep lounge usw. daraufhin fand ein zweites interview statt, das genau so aufgebaut war - nur mit einem anderen mitarbeiter von BCG. wie auch davor, war in diesem interview der case study teil sehr schwer. man sollte sich im vorfeld gut vorbereiten, nicht nur mit preplounge sondern vor allem durch weitere interviews bei beratungen. zudem sind die case studys be BCG viel schneller und kürzer als bei preplounge, das erfordert übung.

Interview Questions

• Wo sehen sie sich in 5 Jahren? Was war bisher ihre größte Herausforderung?   Answer Question

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2017.

Interview

two rounds of two interviews each plus a computer test. First round consist in two 45 minutes interview and Second round consists in two 1 hour interview. The case is a 1 hour test that is done in the office the same day of the interview

Interview Questions

• Why would you prefer to work here rather than in another company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process at BCG is very much based on being able to solve a case scenario. I went through an off-cycle process, and had 4 interviews (2 first round, 2 final), and all of these had a case scenario. One of the final round interviews was a written interview that utilized similar skill set as an oral case. There were also fairly detailed / situational fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to compromise quality of work product.   2 Answers

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application was easy but took 4+weeks for me to receive the call form BCG Dubai
    The process consisted in 3 steps.
    1) two, 1h interviews at my campus with project leader and manager. both consisted in motivation and business case.
    2) At Dubai, analytical test + 1 business case
    3) interview with partner in Dubai + offer.

Interview Questions

• Call center business case & Airline business case in the first round.   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2016.

Interview

We first did an online test, which was too long for the time they give you to make you nervous, so keep calm and answer the questions (if you do more than half be happy), and then two rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Resume and cover letter, followed by two rounds of two interviews. Each interview had approx. 10 minutes of 'getting to know you'/fit questions, followed by a 40-minute case study, and 5 minutes at the end for you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something. What did you learn from that experience?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in February 2017.

Interview

About 2 weeks after submitting the resume, I was invited to complete an online test, which must be done on a BCG computer. (Other candidates with more experience were waived this test and instead only needed to do a phone interview with a recruiter.)

Since there is not much prepping material for BCG Potential Test online (as compared to McKinsey PST's), I find it extremely helpful to use consulting prep websites. Just Google and many of those will pop up on top. Fortunately calculator is allowed but I'd recommend practice without a calculator. Do remember to brush up your mental math since it will definitely help you save a lot of time on easy questions.

3 days later I received an invitation to the first round which consisted of 2 back-to-back case interviews with project leaders, and was allowed about 1 month to prepare. During this time I was connected with a BCG buddy who was really nice and helped me prepped properly. It's important to have somebody to practice case interviews with, and you can find many of them online. This prepping time is really one of the most enjoying parts of the whole process since I got to know many people from all over the world who were also interviewing with MBB or top consulting firms.

Closer to the interview date, they sent me the interviewers’ profile so I had sometimes to find their LinkedIn pages and got to know them more. The interviews were really case-heavy, so we spent around 5-10 minutes talking about my background before moving to the actual cases. Each interview lasted for around 50-60 minutes. Despite prepping around 20 live cases and read a lot more offline cases, I still found their cases to be more difficult than I’d expected (or I was too nervous and thus didn’t manage myself really well).

Got a phone call from one of the interviewers, saying they would not invite me to the next round and also gave me some feedbacks, which I totally understand given my performance during the interview. Overall the process was great and I did learn a lot as well as made more friends.

My advice here would be to prep as much as you could, remember to stay calm, confirm the case objectives, and manage your time during the interview so that you can finish the case in around 30-35mins.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • Case interview (Revenue + market entry)   1 Answer
    • Market sizing   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

First step was two interactive case interviews including professional experience discussion. Also an online test. Second round was a presentation case of about two hours. Third round was two case interviews with partners, also kind of interactive cases but a bit more out of the box. This also included motivation for working at BCG and personal professional experience discussions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging part of becoming a management consultant at BCG?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

Vorstellung des Unternehmens in kleiner Runde mit persönlichen Fragen zur Strukturierung (gut welche dafür bereit zu halten, egal wie gut man bereits informiert ist). Anschließend zwei Case-Interviews und ein Online-Case, der gut bspw. mit dem Material für den (inzwischen nicht mehr verwendeten) Test von McK vorbereitet werden kann. Ansonsten ein eher unpersönliches Durchschleusen und während der Interviews mitunter bewusst Stresssituationen aufgebaut.

Interview Questions

• Ein Grund warum & einer warum nicht auf ein Projekt einsetzen.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the first round of interviews about two weeks after submitting my application. BCG provided various web-based material to ensure that we were all sufficiently prepared for the structure and content of their interview. The interview was run very smoothly; I was assigned two consultants to meet with, 45 minutes apiece. About half an hour was devoted to solving the case, and the rest of the time was spent with fit questions. The consultants that I met with were very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively standard; what was a time you showed leadership, etc...   Answer Question