Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.7

785 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scholarship Interview

Interview

3 round interview. First round was group, 2nd round 2 case interviews with a bit about personal experiences. Got to 2nd round and then was rejected.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Cases were straightforward. The hardest part was just the pressure of being in the interview setting. I will say that the cases really fly by when you're in the actual interview. I felt like I'd barely gotten started and hadn't really figured anything out before I had to make a recommendation!

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Had an on-campus first round interview. 2 interviewers, each of whom spent about 10-15 minutes on fit and 30 on cases. The cases were pretty standard, maybe more data intensive than Bain's. They seemed to want me to crunch numbers rather than think outside the box.

Interview Questions

• Name a leader who you think is successful and explain what specifically they do that makes them so effective. Not difficult, but it just threw me because I wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

People are great. Courteous, friendly and helpful. 2 rounds of interviews, case and fit. First round were the consultants, second round by the principals. Got informed of the results by phone call.

Interview Questions

• Cases were all in industries that I wasn't familiar with.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I attended a Businnes and company presentation on campus, then mailed one of the speaker so I managed to have my cv to be checked as soon as possible. After the green light for the cv screening I was invited to the first round interview. Two 1v1 case interview and 1 interactive case at pc. After 1 week I got the news that I passed the first step so I got invited to a second and last round, again 2 1v1 interviews on cases (harder than before) and one last 1v1 with the hr manager.

Associate Interview

Interview

First round interview included 1) Maths test - not too hard. GMAT style questions.
    2) An online case. Difficult interpretation of graphs and terms.
    3) Face-to-face case. Very similar to normal style interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview question - client offers pensions plans. Firstly work out from data presented whether they're making a profit or loss each year. Secondly, what should the CEO do?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2012.

Interview

First Interview Consisted of a personality interview and a case interview about the car repair industry in Germany, strategy framework formulation, and market sizing

Second interview included a quick resume based interview with a case interview about financial services operations, detailed process analysis, and talent development

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied online, got call inviting me to the office for a first round interview. Had two case interviews: first one went great, but bombed the second one. Both interviewers were relatively senior employees, but were nice, although you could tell they had other things to do. Asked lots of questions, made BCG seem great to work for.

Manager Interview

Interview

Called back and interviewed with five people.

Consultant Interview

Interview

1st round interview after the cv screening