Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017
1,175 Interview Reviews

3.7

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

This was the Round 1 of the application process. It follows after a phone-screening interview. Round 1 interview process includes a fit interview (getting to know about you) and the case study which is an assessment on whether or not you can handle consulting on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Mergers and Acquisition question of magazine companies in the US that are trying to adapt to globalization and reduce costs.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an awesome experience to sum it up. There were overall 5 Interview rounds - 2 Technical rounds on Supply Chain Analytics with the Analytics Experts based on experience and few cases, 1 Case Study round where-in I was supposed to work on a tool and come back with the worked out solution in 3 days time and finally 2 Managerial rounds with Senior Leadership. Initially the process took some time but based on the request, it was expedited further. It was a very positive experience and one should definitely try for it even if they don't intend to join later.

Global HR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The telephone interview went well and I was told that I would hear more at the beginning of the following week. I waited and then chased once 2 weeks had passed, and I still received no response.

I find this exceptionally unprofessional, especially given the role was for a HRD. Managing candidate expectations and a courteous response is the minimum that is required, as opposed to radio silence. BCG TA team are clearly not interested in managing the candidate process professionally. Would not recommend.

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round was an offline written test. There was a lot of cheating. 2nd round was a personal interview. The panel wasn't uniform, so a lot of luck plays at hand. There was a second round of interview as well. Don't go for this role if you're remotely smart.

Presentation Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a month-long process speaking with many different people. The overall experience was very professional, and the interviewers are nice and understanding. I went through a about five interviews.

The first two interviews were on the phone and the conversation was mainly what we were both looking for and questions about the company. From there, the interviews moved to interviewers in my department. It is with these interviews you need to prepare for. The third interview was meeting my manager and she asked basic interview questions. The fourth interview they test you on how you handle different situations. Be prepared for anything they throw at you. If you are an experienced designer then you will have no problem.

All in all, it was a very thorough process, but I enjoyed it because it felt like they care about who they hire. It said a lot about the standards of BCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch besteht aus insgesamt drei Teilen: Zwei Interviews, die jeweils aus einem persönlichen Gespräch und einem kleinen Case bestehen, und einem online Test am Rechner. In einer zweiten Runde gibt es dann weitere Gespräche und "real life" Tests, in denen Präsentationen erstellt werden müssen oder Briefe geschrieben werden müssen.

Interview Questions

• Beschreiben Sie Ihre Persönlichkeit in drei Adjektiven.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

You have to network a lot, then you may get invited to a first interview with two people (each one will ask behavioral questions and give you one case). When you pass will have another two interviews with more senior people.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Initial phone call first, then one on one interview, and then called back for a more relaxed getting to know you interview. Amazing experience even though I was denied. BCG is a fantastic company and anyone would be lucky to work there.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you are able to stay organized in a hectic environment?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2017.

Interview

The process starts with an online case interview and after that the normal interview which comprises of business cases. The online case puts to test your business judgement, mathematical skills, graphical analysis and logical reasoning.

Interview Questions

• The questions are taken from real business cases that have been solved by the Boston Consulting Group   Answer Question

Insight Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Following online application, CV and cover letter: telephone interview, 20 minutes long. Brief introduction, competency questions (5-10 min), 2 case study questions (10 min), in the end could ask interviewer (Associate Consultant) questions (5 min). Offer call followed the same day

Interview Questions

• How many tube carriages are on the London underground?   Answer Question
    • You're in charge of increasing capacity on the tube. How do you achieve this?   Answer Question