Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

3.7

792 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2017.

Interview

Sample test with 6 (3x2) rounds of follow-up interviews. Heavily based on case-study and HR-specific (motivation, problem-solving, etc.) moduls.
    The process was relatively smooth and fast, never waiting more than 1 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that required an unorthodox / different approach to solve?   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

Der Tag beginnt mit semi-formeller Vorstellungsrunde, in der bereits aufgefordert wird, ein Frage zu stellen. Pers. Interviews (2) dreigeteilt in: Personal Fit, Case, Fragen des Kandidaten. Zusaetzl. Online-Test (Datenverwendung u. -interpretation, logisches Denken im Business-Zusammenhang).

Interview Questions

• Erzaehlen Sie uns ueber etwas, das nicht in Ihrem Lebenslauf vermerkt ist.   Answer Question

Consultant/Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview for a position at the Milan office for the role of consultant. The interview process was entirely based at providing an analysis of a typical BCG business case scenario.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

initial phone interview, followed by an 8 hour task to analyze a data set and report findings during the next webex interview.

The problem is that BCG does not respect your time during this process. First, the dataset provided had no 'solution'. They asked me to predict an outcome when the training data showed in every way that it was a randomly selected subset. Second, after providing a technical explanation of the work I did on the data set I was informed that they were simply testing me on presentation skills. I found that the interviewer is likely not interested in critical thinking or problem solving talent. Further, the interviewer refused to provide me with any insight into the data set I was tested with. That shows little respect for my time.
    In short, don't waste your time unless you really want to work with these guys. I don't. I'll stick with real Science!

Interview Questions

• Business knowledge and experience. Everything surrounded how well I would fit there line of thinking.   Answer Question

Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

A phone screen, a multi-day coding challenge, implied presentation and interview (didn't make it to this stage). The phone screen was brief and behavioral, followed by a business case coding challenge using various SQL commands. It seemed geared towards exploring business acumen along with engineering skills.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Oh wow...where to begin? First of all, I was contacted for an initial phone interview. I rearranged my schedule to have this phone interview. After waiting on the phone (I had to dial into a number), I received an email that they needed to reschedule to the next business day (Reschedule #1) . The next business day, in the morning, I again rearranged my schedule to have this call, and minutes before the call they asked to move the call to the end of the day (Reschedule #2). Come the end of the day, again after rearranging everything to have this call, I get an email that they mistakenly meant the next day instead of today for this rescheduled call, so the call would have to be moved to the next day (Reschedule #3). At this point I'm very frustrated and can't afford to keep arranging my schedule for all of thsee call attemps. Honestly, of this was any other company, I wouldn't have even continued with the process after all the rescheduling.

Finally, we had our call and on the call she asked that if I had any other jobs that were moving along faster than this one that I would be transparent and let them know. She said she would send me an email requesting writing samples. Days later I received this email, only after letting her know that I was expecting an offer from another company. Days later after sending in my writing samples I got a generic rejection.

I'd wish that if they're asking me to let them know we need to move the process that they'd also understand I need to be kept in the loop as well, instead of just receiving a generic rejection days later.

After this experience, I wouldn't apply here again in the future or recommend that anyone else does.

Interview Questions

• What skills from your previous post ions make you a good fit?   Answer Question

Assitenz der Geschäftsführung Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

Zuerst hat man mit dem Personalreferent gesprochen, danach wurden Kolleginnen vorgestellt, die dieselbe Tätigkeit schon länger ausführen.
    Es war ein sehr angenehmes Gespräch in einer netten Atmosphäre! Zwischendurch wurde ins Englische gewechselt, damit man sehen konnte, wie schnell man umschalten kann, und wie man damit umgeht!

Interview Questions

• Was war das schönes Erlebnis in ihrem Leben? Was sind ihre Stärken? Motivation sich dort zu bewerben? Was würde jetziger/ vorheriger Vorgesetzter als Ihre Schwäche bezeichnen?   Answer Question

Lead Knowledge Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager, followed by two in person interviews at the Boston office and five video conference interviews. Quality of the interviews and process was first class, UNTIL receiving an automated email regretfully informing me I was not moving on. After going through two months of interviewing I would have excepted an actual conversation to discuss the decision, but didn't even get an email response back. This has left me pretty confused over the situation and asking what I did with the past two months of my life.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Vienna (Austria)) in July 2017.

Interview

Man kommt im Büro an, wird herzlich begrüßt und dann in den Interview Raum gebracht. Dort gibt es 2 Interviews und danach noch einen Online Test. Während der Gespräche wird man ständig mit Getränken versorgt.

Interview Questions

• Es werden in den Interviews zuerst Fragen zum Lebenslauf und zur Motivation gestellt danach gibt es zwei typische Case Interviews.   Answer Question

Mobile Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of 6 calls with various direct and tangent contacts to the role. The process lasted over a series of 17 days and to 3 hours time. I feel that their process is a little onerous for persons that already have a full time job. The process spread over weeks and I need to reach out to them to get feedback about their decision. The conversations went well and ended each round with good feeling about my skills and fit but did not move forward to the final round with upper management.

Interview Questions

• What trends are you seeing in the mobile space related to EMM?   Answer Question