Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,159 Interview Reviews

3.7

1,159 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Very professional environment and process. Everyone was helpful and found my way quickly. 2 case interviews each 45 mins long. A few questions about yourself and spent most of the time on case interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

A simple phone screen. Recruiter was cold, and unfriendly. Questions were vague and there didn't really seem to be a lot of thought put behind them. Then rapid-fire questions over my pay and benefits of my current position, almost as if I was trying to be tripped up. All this with a tone of disbelief. Made me think twice about applying to BCG again - if this was a glimpse into how HR approaches staff, I'd like a company that views their employees as human capital that should be valued, rather than adversaries. I left feeling like the latter.

Interview Questions

• Go through your whole CV from the time you left college   Answer Question

Administrative Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with Hr round ..head of Admin round and meeting with two partners. Detailed and informal but challenging interview process. They were informative about the role and wanted an individual team leader and contributer. The Hr round though first was the toughest. There was a good gender diversity in appearance but it seemed pretty male driven agenda.

Interview Questions

• About my resume and various experience mainly in projects   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me directly for a face to face round. There was a panel of 2. The interviewers were not open to listening. They had few premeditated answers in their mind and they expected me to give my answer according to that.
    Also, I felt that the panel was missing technical competency and they were not open to learning as well.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extensive with lots of rounds. First round included a basic behavioral interview with HR over the phone. Second round included three 30-minute behavioral interviews over Skype. Third round included two in-depth interviews in person. Everything went well but they never got back to me regarding whether or not I had gotten the role. I clearly did not get it, but it was left up to me to figure that out. Emails, calls, and voice messages will not be answered if you do not get the role. I liked the people I spoke to but the company is clearly unprofessional and insensitive to prospective candidates. The process wasted weeks of my time during my final semester of undergrad.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the CSA role?   Answer Question

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

wie vorher abgesprochen wurde zuerst ein online test durchgeführt, dann ein interview bestehen aus einem case study interview und einem personal fit interview. dieses interview ging ca. 45 minuten. während der personal fit teil machbar war, war der case study teil sehr schwer - trotz vorbereitung mit prep lounge usw. daraufhin fand ein zweites interview statt, das genau so aufgebaut war - nur mit einem anderen mitarbeiter von BCG. wie auch davor, war in diesem interview der case study teil sehr schwer. man sollte sich im vorfeld gut vorbereiten, nicht nur mit preplounge sondern vor allem durch weitere interviews bei beratungen. zudem sind die case studys be BCG viel schneller und kürzer als bei preplounge, das erfordert übung.

Interview Questions

• Wo sehen sie sich in 5 Jahren? Was war bisher ihre größte Herausforderung?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

The process is two phone interviews, two video interviews, and one in person interview. I made it through the first two. The ladies I spoke with were polite and easy to talk to.

I was emailed the day after submitting my application (Tuesday) regarding my availability to interview within the next few days. I interviewed on that Friday and was contacted the following Tuesday for my next interview, which was scheduled for that Thursday. I was notified that I would not be proceeding within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Take three to five minutes to walk me through your educational and professional background.   Answer Question

Creative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen scheduled and the recruiter never called me. This kind of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You would think a management consultancy could perform better than this.

BCG London Insight Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by an associate at BCG. The interview was 30 minutes, comprised of a CV section, a mini case study (with mental maths questions), and finally questions (from me). The interviewer was friendly though solemn. I was encouraged to take my time and given pointers during the case study exercise. The whole conversation was quite casual, and it didn't follow the strict structure because I asking questions about the interviewer's work very early on.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise the CEO of Easyjet on how to increase revenue?   Answer Question
    • What was Easyjet's passenger count in January?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in May 2013.

Interview

Die Anreise erfolgte am Vorabend und das Unternehmen hatte ein Zimmer für mich reserviert. Am nächsten morgen um 09:00 haben sich dann an alle Bewerber in der Zentrale getroffen. Zunächst gab es eine Präsentation zum Unternehmen durch den Partner. Hierbei ging es vor allem um Karrieremöglichkeiten und Masterförderung. Danach hatte ich zwei Gespräche, eines davon mit dem Partner, eines mit einer jüngeren Dame aus dem Consulting (Associate?). In den Gesprächen gab es zwei kurze Cases und einige persönliche Fragen. Am Ende gab es dazu noch einen Test, der etwa 1h gedauert hat. Inhalt war hier numerisches und betriebswirtschaftliches Verständnis.