Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017
1,284 Interview Reviews

3.7

Manager Interview

Interview

Called back and interviewed with five people.

Consultant Interview

Interview

1st round interview after the cv screening

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Submitted application, scheduled informational phone interview. Phone interview went well; however, the travel commitments and my career aspirations did not fit well. All together, very positive experience.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two first round on campus interviews, they interview a lot of people. Second round interviews were at the office, four 1 on 1 interviews. All the interviews had a bit about your background, and a case study. Some case studies had charts and tables to analyze, others were purely just back and fourth questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go through a lot of case studies. Must come up with a lot of different ideas to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Went for a summer analyst interview. Hit me with two retail cases. Asked about personal experiences related to leadership, academics, etc.

Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was very professionally managed with clear expectations and numerous follow ups. First round consisted of two back-to-back case interviews and second round was similar but took into account feedback from the first.

Interview Questions

• Case where the client's had an unrealistic plan to expand into a particular market. Need to deliver that by doing calculations and guiding clients to the conclusion in a friendly way.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume on campus and through their website, and heard back within less than a week. I attended their info session, which was not very useful in terms of learning about cases but was a good opportunity to see their (impressive) offices. The actual interview was very straight-forward, although I did not feel like the interviewers actually tried to get to know me. It was all "down-to-business." It might have been because they were tired -- it was an 8am interview and they admitted to working long hours. Either way, it's a great company and that becomes evident as soon as you walk into the door. However, the interview process could certainly be improved and interviewers should be held to a higher standard.

Interview Questions

• There were two cases, one with each interviewer. Pretty standard cases.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Everyone is very friendly but the interviews are very thorough. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about yourself. The questions are more abstract and not direct about what you do specifically at your current job.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend had to use three adjectives to describe you, which would they be?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round was very typical. There were two cases involving profitability and new business, with graphs and tables to analyze, both interviewers were very friendly and gave standard behavior questions, why consulting, leadership roles, team work. Oftentimes the interviews are running late, but do not feel rushed when answering the questions, it is better to think through your answer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

You do interviews with both an associate and a senior associate in the first round. You are asked to develop two cases studies, mines were a theoretic case (related to industrial organization theory) and an applied case related to business. Both interviewers ask about your CV and ask common questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a situation in which your actions have changed the consequences in a positive way?   Answer Question