Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017
1,079 Interview Reviews

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did on campus recruitment. First round on campus, final round on site. Each round consisted of 2 back-to-back 45min interviews, with a behavioral and case interview component. The questions were fairly standard but the cases were difficult. The interviewers will always press for more, but they will guide and help if you get stuck.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews, 45 minutes each on site. ~15 minutes behavioural, ~25 minutes case, ~5 minutes my own questions. First case they tried to trip me up by giving me numbers in all different units, so be careful to check your units and math. Second case was really easy and the interviewers was much more skilled in tailoring his nudging.

They got back to me after three days, politely thanking me and informing me that they wouldn't be advancing me.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting, other than 'lots of variety, work on teams'?
      What sectors are you interested in and why?

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied on campus and was invited for a first round. Had access to a lot of BCG mentoring sessions before the actual interview. The process consisted of two consecutive on campus interviews. Not the easiest process but the help provided makes it relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• A few general questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences followed by a case.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The process is similar to other strategic consultancy firms. First the CV filter stage. Secondly, they invite you to complete a test in their office, which I quite hard. I think that I answered more questions than the average (19/23) but not sure if I had all the answers right. Finally, they invite me for the third phase which consists on two case interviews: the first third was about fit questions regarding your background and your skills at the firm; the second one the case; and finally they give you time to question, I recommend to think these questions before the interview. I successfully passed both interviews and I went into the final phase, which was the same format but in this case the interviewers had a more senior position. Finally, I hadn't got the offer but I can tell that the experience is worth it. All the consultants were friendly, so I recommend to feel relax during the interviews, the cases were easier than what I could find in the Case in Point.

Interview Questions

• 1st case: A company wanted to launch a campaign of points promotion, give your recommendation.
      2nd case: An energy company was suffering losses, determine whats the cause and how can you switch the situation.
      3rd case: determine how many business carriers should the Barcelona-Madrid have.
      4rd case: Similar to the second one, but a manufacturing company.

All the cases had graphs and a lot of data was provided when I asked for them

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 6 interviews for this role. 1 phone interview , 4 via video and 1 face to face. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews flowed well. They are very quick at getting back to you after the interviews with results. Expect a ton of scenario questions and having to explain your past work experiences in depth.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a strength and a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me in detail about a past work related experience you had where you failed and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed on campus for initial screening. Final round in office. All interviews involved questions regarding resume and cultural fit followed by a case (requiring both quantitative and qualitative analysis). Entire recruiting process was well-organized.

Bridge to BCG Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had a phone interview with them. The interviewer was super friendly and helped me to answer the questions if I was wrong. It was a completely behavioral question focusing on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you mad an impact in working with a team?   Answer Question

It was super competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and two subsequent video interviews. They were lengthy and were with 3 different hiring managers. They seem very stoic and uninterested in what you're saying and more how you say it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit much for an AA Position but due to BCG being a premiere consulting firm it's kind of understandable. Still, it was the longest for any admin position I've interviewed for. Interviews were with 8 different people, including phone, video conference and in-person. On average the interviews were about 30 minutes long each. It took about 3 weeks for all interviews to be conducted. After the process was complete, I was updated with my status about 3 days later, as promised. Even though the process was overly extensive everyone was nice, easy to talk to and encouraged you to realms and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it.
      2. Tell me reasons people don't like you in the workplace
      3. Why did you apply for this position and what is it do you like/disklike about being an AA