Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017
1,234 Interview Reviews

3.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Very professional environment and process. Everyone was helpful and found my way quickly. 2 case interviews each 45 mins long. A few questions about yourself and spent most of the time on case interviews

Creative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen scheduled and the recruiter never called me. This kind of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You would think a management consultancy could perform better than this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It is a very conversational interview on the phone first. The recruiter is very nice to talk to. They want to get to know you better instead of talking directly about the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

A simple phone screen. Recruiter was cold, and unfriendly. Questions were vague and there didn't really seem to be a lot of thought put behind them. Then rapid-fire questions over my pay and benefits of my current position, almost as if I was trying to be tripped up. All this with a tone of disbelief. Made me think twice about applying to BCG again - if this was a glimpse into how HR approaches staff, I'd like a company that views their employees as human capital that should be valued, rather than adversaries. I left feeling like the latter.

Interview Questions

• Go through your whole CV from the time you left college   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two round. First round was a group interview with one other applicant and the interviewer. It was all behavioral questions. Second round was two case interviews. The first round was in the office closest to my school. The second round was in the office I would be interning at.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're interested in? Talk about a problem in that area.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

The process is two phone interviews, two video interviews, and one in person interview. I made it through the first two. The ladies I spoke with were polite and easy to talk to.

I was emailed the day after submitting my application (Tuesday) regarding my availability to interview within the next few days. I interviewed on that Friday and was contacted the following Tuesday for my next interview, which was scheduled for that Thursday. I was notified that I would not be proceeding within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Take three to five minutes to walk me through your educational and professional background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month from the time I applied to hearing my decision. The process consisted of 1 phone interview, 2 web/phone interviews and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question
    • What 3 adjectives would your employer use to best describe you?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you've dealt with conflict and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

I was humbled to be considered for employment with BGC, had a phone screen with recruiter followed by a video interview with the hiring manager after I followed up with recruiter. Only received rejection after following up with recruiter again which was automated & not personal. No feedback was provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with fit questions and case study. Both involved interpreting graph data and making business recommendations. Everyone was very professional and made it a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

3 month period from application to final round interview. 3 separate rounds of interviews with a consultant and project lead for the first round, senior partners for the second round and another partner for the third round. Background questions and case questions. Second round had a written case.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you dealt with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question