Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

5 minute behavioral (Resume walk through - key takeaway and lesson learned from each internship, teamwork experience - what conflict arises and how did you solve it, describe a valuable experience during your college time that changes your life, etc.)
    40 minute case (normal strategy - profitability case, and 1 supply chain case (figure out what goes wrong during the process and what could be improved)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through the first round of interviewing, which consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Each one started with a brief behavioral portion and then had a case. The interviewers were nice, interesting people and it was a good experience. Prior to interviewing they offered a case workshop and mock interview to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruitment webinar for SEA team, wherein we were invited to submit apps by a certain date. Contacted shortly afterwards to arrange for first round interviews in Boston at local hotel, two 45 min interview sessions - 15 min fit, 30 min case. My advice is to really know how to do an interviewee-led cases, stay composed, and back up your claims with evidence. Strangely enough, this interview allowed calculators, which had never previously happened for any consulting interview I had before. One of my interviewer was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what impact you had on (this thing on my resume)
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about one challenge you had and how you solved it.
      Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. I interviewed one week later; there were no unexpected questions. The interviewer was cordial, and she said that all decisions for next round interviews would be sent out by end of day.

I got an email around 4PM that day saying I didn't make it to the next round. Not sure what I did wrong during the interview as I thought it went well, but I do appreciate BCG's hiring team and their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• What are your priorities/goals for the next year?
      Why your major?
      Most challenging class?
      What drew you to this role?
      Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone screening with the HR person. For the next round, there are 3 separate interviews with people of higher status and from different cities in America.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews, the first with two, 45 minutes sessions with different current employees. A few questions regarding your background, behavioral information, and then a case. Heard back relatively quickly, within a few days. interviewers varied in level of helpfulness/friendliness in conducing the case, with one being particular stern.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week to schedule an interview. On the day of the interview there was one in person interview and another via video conferencing. Heard back two days later on decision. Overall the interviewers were very nice--they were the HR managers--and they are very experienced in their fields. The first HR manager had a very conversational interview style.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Sophomore Diversity Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

2 interviews; first round was behavioral, second was case study. Overall a pleasant experience. With the case studies, BCG just wants to gauge whether you possess the basic math and critical reasoning skills to perform the job. They also look out for how well presented you are, your composure etc. Make sure you have compelling answers to fit questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an app and a recruiter contacted me for a phone imterview.She contacted me the same day and I was scheduled for a video interview. I thought everything went well and was told they would contact me by the end of the week. I checked my email the same day and had received a denial! I was really disappointed because I was qualified for the position. I also noticed by reading these other interview reviews, alot of people get denied. It's evident they are too picky and missing out on some good candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do I handle the situation where one project lead had something due by 5 and an emergency project came in   Answer Question

Advanced Degree Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

BCG provides interview preparation for advanced degree candidates (ADC) beyond what I've experienced with other management consulting firms. They provide both in-office and online workshops for acing case studies, as well as a mock interview (in my experience we only practiced a case but I heard others practiced a fit question too). I did my first round interview at the Boston office and everyone there was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The first round interview consists of a fit portion and a case study with two current employees (their level in the company seems to depend on who is available). With each interviewer, you will do one case study and a set of fit questions. The order seems to depend on the interviewer's preference. There are lots of sites that describe how to prepare for case studies so I won't get into that here. I would recommend for the fit questions that you don't focus necessarily on outcomes of your previous work experiences, but rather focus on your personal role and interpersonal lessons learned from them.