Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017
1,192 Interview Reviews

3.7

Global HR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The telephone interview went well and I was told that I would hear more at the beginning of the following week. I waited and then chased once 2 weeks had passed, and I still received no response.

I find this exceptionally unprofessional, especially given the role was for a HRD. Managing candidate expectations and a courteous response is the minimum that is required, as opposed to radio silence. BCG TA team are clearly not interested in managing the candidate process professionally. Would not recommend.

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round was an offline written test. There was a lot of cheating. 2nd round was a personal interview. The panel wasn't uniform, so a lot of luck plays at hand. There was a second round of interview as well. Don't go for this role if you're remotely smart.

Presentation Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a month-long process speaking with many different people. The overall experience was very professional, and the interviewers are nice and understanding. I went through a about five interviews.

The first two interviews were on the phone and the conversation was mainly what we were both looking for and questions about the company. From there, the interviews moved to interviewers in my department. It is with these interviews you need to prepare for. The third interview was meeting my manager and she asked basic interview questions. The fourth interview they test you on how you handle different situations. Be prepared for anything they throw at you. If you are an experienced designer then you will have no problem.

All in all, it was a very thorough process, but I enjoyed it because it felt like they care about who they hire. It said a lot about the standards of BCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch besteht aus insgesamt drei Teilen: Zwei Interviews, die jeweils aus einem persönlichen Gespräch und einem kleinen Case bestehen, und einem online Test am Rechner. In einer zweiten Runde gibt es dann weitere Gespräche und "real life" Tests, in denen Präsentationen erstellt werden müssen oder Briefe geschrieben werden müssen.

Interview Questions

• Beschreiben Sie Ihre Persönlichkeit in drei Adjektiven.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

You have to network a lot, then you may get invited to a first interview with two people (each one will ask behavioral questions and give you one case). When you pass will have another two interviews with more senior people.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Initial phone call first, then one on one interview, and then called back for a more relaxed getting to know you interview. Amazing experience even though I was denied. BCG is a fantastic company and anyone would be lucky to work there.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you are able to stay organized in a hectic environment?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2017.

Interview

The process starts with an online case interview and after that the normal interview which comprises of business cases. The online case puts to test your business judgement, mathematical skills, graphical analysis and logical reasoning.

Interview Questions

• The questions are taken from real business cases that have been solved by the Boston Consulting Group   Answer Question

Insight Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Following online application, CV and cover letter: telephone interview, 20 minutes long. Brief introduction, competency questions (5-10 min), 2 case study questions (10 min), in the end could ask interviewer (Associate Consultant) questions (5 min). Offer call followed the same day

Interview Questions

• How many tube carriages are on the London underground?   Answer Question
    • You're in charge of increasing capacity on the tube. How do you achieve this?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by 2 video interviews and a final in person interview. The process was about 2 weeks. It was a quick straight forward process.

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

Zwei Cases, einmal deutsch, einmal englisch. Beide mit Fallstudie und Lebenslauffragen. Lebenslauf wurde sehr tief diskutiert (inkl. sehr vieler Beispielfragen, starkes Interesse), dadurch auch sehr spannendes Gespräch mit dem Interviewer möglich. Fallstudien sind Fälle aus dem echten Leben der Interviewpartner.

Gesprächsatmosphäre ist insgesamt freundlich, Inhalte jedoch "hart".

Interview Questions

• Geben Sie mir eine konkrete Situation aus Hobby XY in der sie einen Konflikt mit anderen gelöst haben.   Answer Question