Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017
1,192 Interview Reviews

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a preliminary phone interview to learn more about the company, the role, benefits and compensation. There were a few interview questions during this call but they were the standard "tell me about yourself" questions. I then had two back to back video interviews using a web conference software. The questions were much more detailed for this round. The final stage was in-person interview and that one was surprisingly easy too. It was much more conversational than I expected it to be!
    All four interviews were super pleasant! Each interviewer was extremely kind, professional and informative. The total process between phone interview to offer letter took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills and past experience have you had that align with the position you're applying for?   1 Answer
    • Tell me reason someone might NOT like you in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you failed. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After one brief HR phone screen, I was brought into the office for an in-person interview. After a second in-person interview schedule for the following week, I advanced to the final stage video interview with a partner. While the in-person interviews went very well, the partner was completely distracted and experiencing technical difficulties. Instead of rescheduling the interview, she proceeded with a scattered interview with many interruptions - I feel like this hurt my chances in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process in coordinating various stakeholders to execute an event   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Had a 30 minute discussion with the Head of Recruiting. Said she would be emailing a follow up discussion later that week. Several weeks and two out reaches later and still no reply. As a company that prides themselves on candidate experience, this is certainly not the well oiled recruiting process I hoped it would be.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into recruiting?   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and made sure I was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work and education history.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Apply online and then interview with back to back interviews. Each interview is supposed to be half behavioral and half case study, but in reality they were both overwhelmingly case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can we find new revenue sources for this company   1 Answer

Administrative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bethesda, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone call interview, and 1 interview same day with two separate people. Both interviews were very in depth and asked multiple situational questions. One of the in person interviews was with the supervisors who was wonderful and very open and candid about the position the second was the HR person in charge.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect with subordinate employees within the first 90 days?   1 Answer
    • How do you define success?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next few years?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major challenge in your recent past.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I had a telephone interview for this position at the Atlanta office. I got the phone call at the appointed time and the interviewer asked to tell her a little bit about myself and my accomplishments in about 3-4 minutes. After this she asked about my job experience and told me that she would forward my file to the hiring manager and they would contact me in a few days about their decision on whether or not I would continue in the interview process. The interviewer was friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in 3-4 minutes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   1 Answer