Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.7

789 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

They flew me to Philadelphia office after 3/4 days of notice. Two interviewees with 30 minutes of Case interview and 15 minutes of basic behavioral questions per session. Didn't get an offer. Found out after 2 weeks of the interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn so I applied online. Even though they said I'd hear back in September, I heard back in late October. The interview is for a position at their International Office. It was during the weekend, and I interviewed with two different people. Both didn't work at the office I applied for. It consists of two 45min back-to-back interview, with around 10-15min of behavioral type and the rest for case study. They ran through my resume, and asked for details in professional and leadership experience. I don't remember exactly what the questions are. There was one why consulting, why BCG. Then others are questions focusing on what and why you did the things on your resume. What have you done differently compared to previous leaders in that same position (if you have a leadership role on your resume). The cases didn't seem that hard but it was my first time doing a case interview so I panicked and flunked it. They're the first ones to actually email me back from my thank-you emails. And I emailed one of them to ask for interview feedback, and he gave me a call and talked to me on the phone. Even though I didn't get the position, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• What have you done differently than the one who held this leadership position before you?   1 Answer
    • Why consulting, why BCG?   1 Answer
    • What was your proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. It took much longer than anticipated, but I was able to meet with many people (some twice). I wish there had been a quicker turn around so I hadn't put my job search on hold.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick phone call, she seemed as if she had several people to call that day. we disagreed on salary fairly quickly so was difficult to go from there. appreciated the candor, however. she was up front about everything, no nonsense interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any university recruiting experience?   1 Answer

Associate-level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I received a very sloppily written request to schedule a phone interview by email. The request had poor grammar and improperly capitalized letters. Nonetheless, I replied with a range of available times on my schedule. I receive another poorly written email confirming a time in a totally different time zone! I live in CST and the confirmation was in EST, and I had no idea to assume the recruiter would be in a different city than the posted location- was surprised by their oversight. They called late, and we discussed my experience on the phone. When I asked if there were any hesitations based on my resume, the recruiter said that it was because I come from non-profit workplaces and I have never had a corporate position, despite holding a graduate degree in a field perfectly aligned with the position. I was offended because they made it seem that my 5+ years of working in non-profit organizations (of various sizes) was inferior experience to that of an individual coming right out of college. Additionally, the salary range was extremely low, akin to non-profit salaries, and not aligned to any of the salary ranges for Associate-level positions (as was described on the job description). Did not appreciate the assumptions, sloppiness, or unprofessionalism I experienced. I would expect more of a highly respected/well-known company, such as BCG, and was extremely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background leading up to the position you currently have.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had applied through their website and then got a call the next day to set up two video conference interviews for the next week. Those went well and I was invited to meet the supervisor over the administrative assistant's the next week. The interview went well and I was told to expect a decision in the next few days. I met with him on a Tuesday, and still have not heard anything back almost 4 weeks later. This was around the holidays so I understand people being out and catching up, but this is ridiculous to not hear anything back from such a reputable company. I am disappointed that I do not have any closure on this job as I did highly respect the company and its reputation.

Interview Questions

• If money was not a factor what would you do with your life?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two 45 minute interview, 1/3 is behavioral, 1/3 is a case question, and 1/3 is for Q&A. The entire recruiting process was professionally done and everyone was nice and considerate. My interviewers were engaging and willing to offer guidance and conversation as we walked through the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews and both rounds were in the NJ office. After the first round, BCG was very helpful in providing a phone call with personalized feedback. The second round of interview was definitely more challenging with a more senior member of BCG.

Interview Questions

• Two case interviews for each round. The interview started with one or two behavioral questions then moved straight to the case. The case portion involves a graph and is more self guided than led.   1 Answer