Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,276 Interview Reviews

3.7

1,276 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2017.

Interview

Screen with recruiter. Massive take home technical case, followed by a video interview where I presented on the case (the interviewer was not especially familiar with the case). Was told I'd be proceeding. That was followed by a frantic attempt by BCG to schedule more interviews for me (including an in-person). I gave them availability, and then they stopped replying to my emails. A couple of weeks later I got a form rejection. That stung a bit--the take home case was about 8 hours of work, and to not get thanked for my time after they selected another candidate (I presume, given the job posting is gone).

The case is basically a Kaggle problem, except you're supposed to make a presentation for a mock client. The case is kind of silly -- it's a churn problem with standard modeling issues -- categorical data, missing values, noise, a poorly defined objective, a poor data dictionary, etc. The data appeared artificial, and modeled decently but only with non-linear techniques--it looked like they had created the data that way (there was a massive gap between performance of linear and non-linear models, far above what you would see in a real dataset). They also set some traps in the questions they asked you, where you really need to think about what's useful to the client rather than answering an academic problem.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There were 5 interviews total: 2 phone, 2 video and 1 in person. Very basic interview questions, super relaxed. During the last interview the manager seemed very uninterested a little unprofessional but everyone else, including him was extremely pleasant to speak with. When they say "we will reach out in a couple of days," expect at least a week.

Interview Questions

• weaknesses and strengths   1 Answer
    • a mistake you've made professionally and personally   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer
    • What is your dream job look like?   Answer Question

Mobile Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of 6 calls with various direct and tangent contacts to the role. The process lasted over a series of 17 days and to 3 hours time. I feel that their process is a little onerous for persons that already have a full time job. The process spread over weeks and I need to reach out to them to get feedback about their decision. The conversations went well and ended each round with good feeling about my skills and fit but did not move forward to the final round with upper management.

Interview Questions

• What trends are you seeing in the mobile space related to EMM?   Answer Question

Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

A phone screen, a multi-day coding challenge, implied presentation and interview (didn't make it to this stage). The phone screen was brief and behavioral, followed by a business case coding challenge using various SQL commands. It seemed geared towards exploring business acumen along with engineering skills.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

7 interviews across 5 rounds (including Decision Round):
    1. HR screening phone
    2. Principal screening phone
    3. In-office Principal case interview
    4. In-office Partner case interview
    5. In-office Decision Round w/case presentation (2 Partners and 1 Principal in attendance), 2 Partner case interviews
    All Partner case interviews except 1 were not structured cases (with exhibits etc) and more discussions around how I would think about certain hypothetical client situations, industry trends etc.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were as you might expect from various study aides (e.g. Victor Cheng)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Very professional environment and process. Everyone was helpful and found my way quickly. 2 case interviews each 45 mins long. A few questions about yourself and spent most of the time on case interviews

Creative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen scheduled and the recruiter never called me. This kind of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You would think a management consultancy could perform better than this.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It is a very conversational interview on the phone first. The recruiter is very nice to talk to. They want to get to know you better instead of talking directly about the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

A simple phone screen. Recruiter was cold, and unfriendly. Questions were vague and there didn't really seem to be a lot of thought put behind them. Then rapid-fire questions over my pay and benefits of my current position, almost as if I was trying to be tripped up. All this with a tone of disbelief. Made me think twice about applying to BCG again - if this was a glimpse into how HR approaches staff, I'd like a company that views their employees as human capital that should be valued, rather than adversaries. I left feeling like the latter.

Interview Questions

• Go through your whole CV from the time you left college   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two round. First round was a group interview with one other applicant and the interviewer. It was all behavioral questions. Second round was two case interviews. The first round was in the office closest to my school. The second round was in the office I would be interning at.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're interested in? Talk about a problem in that area.   1 Answer