Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,240 Interview Reviews

3.7

Lead Knowledge Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager, followed by two in person interviews at the Boston office and five video conference interviews. Quality of the interviews and process was first class, UNTIL receiving an automated email regretfully informing me I was not moving on. After going through two months of interviewing I would have excepted an actual conversation to discuss the decision, but didn't even get an email response back. This has left me pretty confused over the situation and asking what I did with the past two months of my life.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee as an experienced hire with 1.5 years experience in a 2nd tier consulting firm, which means lateral move is possible, although I will join as a first-year associate. Since I was off cycle the entire process took almost two months.

I received a request for a quick phone screening with recruiter and a Project Leader about two weeks after my referral was submitted. Recruiters reached out immediately after and first round interview was scheduled for the week after. Fairly typical consulting interviews - 10 mins behavioral, 30 mins case and questions in the end. I received a phone call on the following Friday to come back for second round.

Second round interview was scheduled for four weeks after my first round, which was longer than typical. However, people in my interviewing office were extremely nice and helpful - two project leaders reached out to help with mock interviews. Three interviews with more senior people. Cases were more difficult than first round, but they were very supportive throughout the process. Received a phone call to extend an offer later that evening. I decided to accept the following week.

Overall, it's a very constructive and professional process. The hardest part is really just getting your foot in the door!

Interview Questions

• What is your teamwork style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed a phone interview, but wasn't offered any additional interviews. I was told that if the hiring manager wanted to continue further with me, there would be two video interviews to follow and I would assume a face-to-face interview later. I was told a decision would be made the following business day after my initial phone interview, which is accurate. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and it was much more like a conversation than a Q & A interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

Everyone I spoke with was very nice and easy to talk to. A recruiter sent me a message on Linkedin and I responded. They are very efficient with their time. In total, I had one 30 minute screening interview, followed by three 30 min second round interviews and three 30 minute final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions: walk through resume, weakness, strengths, what drew you to the CSA position, plus in the final round there was one case that simulated a challenge you might see in the role. It wasn't too difficult - tons easier than a case you'd see interviewing for a consulting role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by 2 video interviews and a final in person interview. The process was about 2 weeks. It was a quick straight forward process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2017.

Interview

She called right when she said she was going to. She asked a few basic interview questions and then gave me a description of the job and the salary and benefits for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company? Why did you choose this role and why with BCG?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through my recruiter -- it was a rather long interview process but the team that I met with were very friendly, outgoing and loved the company they worked for. They sat you down in a room and you met with three different people that would "test" different skill sets by asking a number of questions. Some of the questions were a little repetitive so it was hard to answer in ways that was different than before but still engaging. Overall, I think the interview process is interesting and I would go back for another interview if given the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a preliminary phone interview to learn more about the company, the role, benefits and compensation. There were a few interview questions during this call but they were the standard "tell me about yourself" questions. I then had two back to back video interviews using a web conference software. The questions were much more detailed for this round. The final stage was in-person interview and that one was surprisingly easy too. It was much more conversational than I expected it to be!
    All four interviews were super pleasant! Each interviewer was extremely kind, professional and informative. The total process between phone interview to offer letter took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills and past experience have you had that align with the position you're applying for?   1 Answer
    • Tell me reason someone might NOT like you in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you failed. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this particular position at this particular company?   1 Answer

Knowledge Analyst - Data Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin, later followed up by a call (resume walk through etc). Next up was a webex with RM of BCG. They are trying to figure out if you have excellent communication. I feel like it's important especially for top consulting companies that you talk with confidence. I explained my current job, tools in use to data analysis, python etc. This went well so next i was handed over a data engineering case along with presentation, that too went out pretty well so they flew me out for 1:1. I think my skills were pretty much in line since I cracked every assignment. This was perhaps the last step I think. I didn't get the offer because I panicked during my interview that day. Overall a good experience and would love to try again!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work. Do you use Spark/hive etc. How often?   1 Answer
    • What's the largest dataset size you've worked on   1 Answer
    • Cast study: I was given a 7M rows dataset and some question that I had to solve from the data also some extra insight that you can get on your own. Finally create a full study around the case.   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After one brief HR phone screen, I was brought into the office for an in-person interview. After a second in-person interview schedule for the following week, I advanced to the final stage video interview with a partner. While the in-person interviews went very well, the partner was completely distracted and experiencing technical difficulties. Instead of rescheduling the interview, she proceeded with a scattered interview with many interruptions - I feel like this hurt my chances in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process in coordinating various stakeholders to execute an event   Answer Question