Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,103 Interview Reviews

3.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruitment webinar for SEA team, wherein we were invited to submit apps by a certain date. Contacted shortly afterwards to arrange for first round interviews in Boston at local hotel, two 45 min interview sessions - 15 min fit, 30 min case. My advice is to really know how to do an interviewee-led cases, stay composed, and back up your claims with evidence. Strangely enough, this interview allowed calculators, which had never previously happened for any consulting interview I had before. One of my interviewer was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what impact you had on (this thing on my resume)
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about one challenge you had and how you solved it.
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

applied to consultant position. two rounds of interview. first round was standard behavioral and case. second round was a lot more flexible as it was with partners. they really try to stress test you so don't freak out. i didn't think i did well at all for my final round but was called first thing in the morning the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• why consulting, why bcg, how did you make a compromise.   Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. I interviewed one week later; there were no unexpected questions. The interviewer was cordial, and she said that all decisions for next round interviews would be sent out by end of day.

I got an email around 4PM that day saying I didn't make it to the next round. Not sure what I did wrong during the interview as I thought it went well, but I do appreciate BCG's hiring team and their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• What are your priorities/goals for the next year?
      Why your major?
      Most challenging class?
      What drew you to this role?
      Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone screening with the HR person. For the next round, there are 3 separate interviews with people of higher status and from different cities in America.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting process in early October and was invited to the first round in mid-October, which was held in the BCG office closest to my campus. My final round was a week later in the office I had preferenced in my application. As one might expect, the cases were the most difficult part, but I was able to keep a calm and friendly demeanor throughout, which helped me.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself in two words, what would they be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. My interviewee made sure I felt comfortable. The interview was a two rounds of case interviews as well as behavioral questions. I thought it went very well.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interview Boston Dubai office. The whole recruiting process is exciting and very organized. There were two interviewers. One of them is the directing manager. Another one is the consultant. But I didn't get any feedback after the interview, which Bain and Mckinzey did very well on the providing the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Three reasons why a financial service company did not enter Egypt?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week to schedule an interview. On the day of the interview there was one in person interview and another via video conferencing. Heard back two days later on decision. Overall the interviewers were very nice--they were the HR managers--and they are very experienced in their fields. The first HR manager had a very conversational interview style.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake you've made and how did you handle the aftermath?   Answer Question

Sophomore Diversity Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

2 interviews; first round was behavioral, second was case study. Overall a pleasant experience. With the case studies, BCG just wants to gauge whether you possess the basic math and critical reasoning skills to perform the job. They also look out for how well presented you are, your composure etc. Make sure you have compelling answers to fit questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an app and a recruiter contacted me for a phone imterview.She contacted me the same day and I was scheduled for a video interview. I thought everything went well and was told they would contact me by the end of the week. I checked my email the same day and had received a denial! I was really disappointed because I was qualified for the position. I also noticed by reading these other interview reviews, alot of people get denied. It's evident they are too picky and missing out on some good candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do I handle the situation where one project lead had something due by 5 and an emergency project came in   Answer Question