Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

789 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

You have to network a lot, then you may get invited to a first interview with two people (each one will ask behavioral questions and give you one case). When you pass will have another two interviews with more senior people.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews, 45 minutes each on site. ~15 minutes behavioural, ~25 minutes case, ~5 minutes my own questions. First case they tried to trip me up by giving me numbers in all different units, so be careful to check your units and math. Second case was really easy and the interviewers was much more skilled in tailoring his nudging.

They got back to me after three days, politely thanking me and informing me that they wouldn't be advancing me.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting, other than 'lots of variety, work on teams'?
      What sectors are you interested in and why?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied on campus and was invited for a first round. Had access to a lot of BCG mentoring sessions before the actual interview. The process consisted of two consecutive on campus interviews. Not the easiest process but the help provided makes it relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• A few general questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences followed by a case.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The process is similar to other strategic consultancy firms. First the CV filter stage. Secondly, they invite you to complete a test in their office, which I quite hard. I think that I answered more questions than the average (19/23) but not sure if I had all the answers right. Finally, they invite me for the third phase which consists on two case interviews: the first third was about fit questions regarding your background and your skills at the firm; the second one the case; and finally they give you time to question, I recommend to think these questions before the interview. I successfully passed both interviews and I went into the final phase, which was the same format but in this case the interviewers had a more senior position. Finally, I hadn't got the offer but I can tell that the experience is worth it. All the consultants were friendly, so I recommend to feel relax during the interviews, the cases were easier than what I could find in the Case in Point.

Interview Questions

• 1st case: A company wanted to launch a campaign of points promotion, give your recommendation.
      2nd case: An energy company was suffering losses, determine whats the cause and how can you switch the situation.
      3rd case: determine how many business carriers should the Barcelona-Madrid have.
      4rd case: Similar to the second one, but a manufacturing company.

All the cases had graphs and a lot of data was provided when I asked for them   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and two subsequent video interviews. They were lengthy and were with 3 different hiring managers. They seem very stoic and uninterested in what you're saying and more how you say it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I Skyped with my interviews because I was studying abroad. I had two back to back 45 minute interviews. First half was behavioral and second half was a case. The cases were fun but different from what is in Case in Point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

5 minute behavioral (Resume walk through - key takeaway and lesson learned from each internship, teamwork experience - what conflict arises and how did you solve it, describe a valuable experience during your college time that changes your life, etc.)
    40 minute case (normal strategy - profitability case, and 1 supply chain case (figure out what goes wrong during the process and what could be improved)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through the first round of interviewing, which consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Each one started with a brief behavioral portion and then had a case. The interviewers were nice, interesting people and it was a good experience. Prior to interviewing they offered a case workshop and mock interview to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruitment webinar for SEA team, wherein we were invited to submit apps by a certain date. Contacted shortly afterwards to arrange for first round interviews in Boston at local hotel, two 45 min interview sessions - 15 min fit, 30 min case. My advice is to really know how to do an interviewee-led cases, stay composed, and back up your claims with evidence. Strangely enough, this interview allowed calculators, which had never previously happened for any consulting interview I had before. One of my interviewer was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what impact you had on (this thing on my resume)
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about one challenge you had and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. I interviewed one week later; there were no unexpected questions. The interviewer was cordial, and she said that all decisions for next round interviews would be sent out by end of day.

I got an email around 4PM that day saying I didn't make it to the next round. Not sure what I did wrong during the interview as I thought it went well, but I do appreciate BCG's hiring team and their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• What are your priorities/goals for the next year?
      Why your major?