Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017
1,178 Interview Reviews

3.7

1,178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Mix of case and behavioral questions. Had 3 rounds of interviews and everyone was nice. Each interview lasted 30-45 minutes. Last interview was with a senior partner in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you faced? Go through this case.   2 Answers

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. It took much longer than anticipated, but I was able to meet with many people (some twice). I wish there had been a quicker turn around so I hadn't put my job search on hold.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick phone call, she seemed as if she had several people to call that day. we disagreed on salary fairly quickly so was difficult to go from there. appreciated the candor, however. she was up front about everything, no nonsense interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any university recruiting experience?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a screen call with HR, then interviewed with every member of team, and then another call with HR. Overall process was very straightforward - took about 1 month in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this role?   1 Answer

Associate-level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I received a very sloppily written request to schedule a phone interview by email. The request had poor grammar and improperly capitalized letters. Nonetheless, I replied with a range of available times on my schedule. I receive another poorly written email confirming a time in a totally different time zone! I live in CST and the confirmation was in EST, and I had no idea to assume the recruiter would be in a different city than the posted location- was surprised by their oversight. They called late, and we discussed my experience on the phone. When I asked if there were any hesitations based on my resume, the recruiter said that it was because I come from non-profit workplaces and I have never had a corporate position, despite holding a graduate degree in a field perfectly aligned with the position. I was offended because they made it seem that my 5+ years of working in non-profit organizations (of various sizes) was inferior experience to that of an individual coming right out of college. Additionally, the salary range was extremely low, akin to non-profit salaries, and not aligned to any of the salary ranges for Associate-level positions (as was described on the job description). Did not appreciate the assumptions, sloppiness, or unprofessionalism I experienced. I would expect more of a highly respected/well-known company, such as BCG, and was extremely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background leading up to the position you currently have.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had applied through their website and then got a call the next day to set up two video conference interviews for the next week. Those went well and I was invited to meet the supervisor over the administrative assistant's the next week. The interview went well and I was told to expect a decision in the next few days. I met with him on a Tuesday, and still have not heard anything back almost 4 weeks later. This was around the holidays so I understand people being out and catching up, but this is ridiculous to not hear anything back from such a reputable company. I am disappointed that I do not have any closure on this job as I did highly respect the company and its reputation.

Interview Questions

• If money was not a factor what would you do with your life?   1 Answer

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was just typical behavioral interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and chill. They just asked typical behavioral questions. Walk me through your resume, why do you want to apply for this position and BCG.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two 45 minute interview, 1/3 is behavioral, 1/3 is a case question, and 1/3 is for Q&A. The entire recruiting process was professionally done and everyone was nice and considerate. My interviewers were engaging and willing to offer guidance and conversation as we walked through the case.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was nice to meet genuinely nice interviewers who are Principals or Partners. Standard consulting interview - not the easiest nor the most difficult I've ever had. Case and fit portions for all consulting staff, almost always 2 rounds for normal campus recruiting cycles. First round on campus, second/final round in the office. Probably 2-3 weeks between application and first round, another 2 weeks for final round.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.