Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017
1,238 Interview Reviews

3.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in July 2017.

Interview

Eerste ronde bestaat uit computertest en een case-interview met consultant (die +/- 5 jaar ervaring heeft). Tweede ronde bestaat uit het oplossen van (1) een 'basket case', je krijgt een mapje met informatie en moet oplossingen op drie vragen aan de hand van vragen illustreren en bespreken met senior consultant(met tijdsbeperking); (2) een gewone case-interview met een andere senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• Waarom wil jij specifiek bij BCG werken en geen andere consulting firm?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

applied through summer program, first round got two case interviews with fit. flew by very quickly. about 10minutes on fit and rest on case. very conversational in nature. i talked through a lot of my though processes and my interviewer helped guide me through which avenues to explore.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round interview. Two case interviews of 45 min, and a potential test. The potential test was online. 45 minutes, 25 questions. The case interviews were very interviewee led, should have taken more control.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Why do you want to be a consultant. What is your biggest accomplishement. The potential test was all about analyzing graphs and calculating margins. Could bring a calculator to the test.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied in the Middle East right out of undergrad. I had been in touch with a handful of consultants working in BCG in the area. Be prepared for the interview it sets a good precedent and don't worry if you don't get the results right after the interviews, in some cases it can take up to three weeks to get a response.

Interview Questions

• A lot of varying questions - the basic give me an elevator pitch, what is your biggest accomplishment/ failure? As well as questions about what interests you about the economy you live in/ what industry?   Answer Question
    • For the case interviews, the questions were not as complicated as you would expect. Estimate the market size, look at this graph and describe it, tell me what you would do in this business situation.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2017.

Interview

Screen with recruiter. Massive take home technical case, followed by a video interview where I presented on the case (the interviewer was not especially familiar with the case). Was told I'd be proceeding. That was followed by a frantic attempt by BCG to schedule more interviews for me (including an in-person). I gave them availability, and then they stopped replying to my emails. A couple of weeks later I got a form rejection. That stung a bit--the take home case was about 8 hours of work, and to not get thanked for my time after they selected another candidate (I presume, given the job posting is gone).

The case is basically a Kaggle problem, except you're supposed to make a presentation for a mock client. The case is kind of silly -- it's a churn problem with standard modeling issues -- categorical data, missing values, noise, a poorly defined objective, a poor data dictionary, etc. The data appeared artificial, and modeled decently but only with non-linear techniques--it looked like they had created the data that way (there was a massive gap between performance of linear and non-linear models, far above what you would see in a real dataset). They also set some traps in the questions they asked you, where you really need to think about what's useful to the client rather than answering an academic problem.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in November 2016.

Interview

R1: Case interview with personal fit questions + Computer test
    R2: Case interview + Basket interview
    R3: Partner interview

Make sure to not only practice classic cases, but also try to tackle somewhat alternative problems.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG? Why strategy consulting? What is your greatest achievement? Talk to me about a problem you had within a team and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online exam first, then two case interviews. One is in person and the second is via conference call.

The interview had two parts, a personal experience question and a case interview. the cases were more strategy and marketing cases.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background, why you made your career choices and what you did   Answer Question
    • Did case interviews, mostly unstructured   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2017.

Interview

Sample test with 6 (3x2) rounds of follow-up interviews. Heavily based on case-study and HR-specific (motivation, problem-solving, etc.) moduls.
    The process was relatively smooth and fast, never waiting more than 1 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that required an unorthodox / different approach to solve?   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

Der Tag beginnt mit semi-formeller Vorstellungsrunde, in der bereits aufgefordert wird, ein Frage zu stellen. Pers. Interviews (2) dreigeteilt in: Personal Fit, Case, Fragen des Kandidaten. Zusaetzl. Online-Test (Datenverwendung u. -interpretation, logisches Denken im Business-Zusammenhang).

Interview Questions

• Erzaehlen Sie uns ueber etwas, das nicht in Ihrem Lebenslauf vermerkt ist.   Answer Question

Consultant/Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview for a position at the Milan office for the role of consultant. The interview process was entirely based at providing an analysis of a typical BCG business case scenario.