Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017
1,103 Interview Reviews

3.7

Management Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a fair process. The employees are quite helpful throughout the whole process. Once I got shortlisted, a couple of current BCG employees were assigned to help me prepare for the phone interview (initially) then for the in person case interviews.

Consultant (Data Science) At BCG Gamma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process includes one telephone interview with HR, one personal interview at BCG and the last step is a personal meet and greet in Paris. The personal interview is structered in three parts and takes 3 hours:
    - Online-Test
    - Presentation of homework-case
    - Case-Study
    The atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. It was a good experience.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

3 Case interviews with consultants and senior execs at the firm, in addition culture fit phone screens and a couple of weeks between each interview; It was not actually a very long process

Interview Questions

• All case based interview questions   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process is very well run and efficient. Interviews take place over three rounds. The first entails a maths test (brush up on elementary physics, business and maths olympiad type problems) and a short case study interview with a few questions based on your CV background. The second round consisted two case study interviews and background/fit questions. There are different interviewers for each case study. All the interviewers and HR staff are extremely polite, generous and helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the third round of interviews. However, after each round, I was provided insights into my interview performance, including my result for the maths test. This information is invaluable and is unique to the care and thought that BCG goes through to choose their Associates. I hope to apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a team you were part of was veering off track and you managed to set it on course again.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Had a 30 minute discussion with the Head of Recruiting. Said she would be emailing a follow up discussion later that week. Several weeks and two out reaches later and still no reply. As a company that prides themselves on candidate experience, this is certainly not the well oiled recruiting process I hoped it would be.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into recruiting?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and made sure I was relaxed.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is consist by two rounds of interviews—each consisting of two interviews. Firstly, they asked about my background and personal experiences.
    Then, the interviewer presented the case study.
    I was nervous, but I did a good job at the first case. But the second case that was about supply chain, I couldn't to find a way to develop the solution.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of two case interviews along with personality interviews. First round were conducted with Consultant/Project Leaders, second round with Principals. First round on campus, second round was at the office you were interviewing for.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended online webinars for PhD students. Then applied online and was invited for an interview in NYC. It was somewhat disorganized; I was led to the wrong room and the interviewers seemed overwhelmed and rushed. One was quite unpleasant, particularly compared to non-BCG consulting interviewers.

Both consisted of cases, one a valuation case about purchasing an NBA franchise and another about declining sales and profitability. Both fairly straightforward, although there was some intermediate accounting knowledge needed.

Interview Questions

• How does [x experience] relate and prepare you for consulting at BCG?   Answer Question