Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

3.8

464 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter online through my university. I was contacted for a first round in office interview. The interview was two back to back 45 minute interviews of about 15 minutes behavioral and 30 minutes case with a little time at the end to ask questions. I participated in the interview and heard back three days later that I was not selected for another round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked in a group and had a problem, worked with people who are older than you, picked things from my resume and asked about them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Haven, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

This was an on-campus Interview. Two rounds of cases with a small segment at the beginning of each round for behavioral questions. They are very responsive and get back to candidates quickly for final rounds. Unfortunately I did not get past the first round. Overall a good interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, received first round on campus. Two case interviews (back-to-back) with mid-level consultants. Each interview consists of mostly the case (25-30 minutes) and some questions in the beginning targeted at determining fit/leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview, 2-3 behavioral questions up front   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of 2 case/fit interviews. Both interviews were 45 minutes each with a written case in the final interview. Interviewers were nice, engaged, and thoughtful. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Straightforward interview process for consulting firms; BCG cases are largely interviewee-led. First round interview was 2 30-minute cases with leftover time for behavior/fit. Final round interview was 2 45-minute cases with a case and behavior fit. After my final round interview, a friend who also had an interview on the same day with the same interviewers heard back within a few days, but I didn't hear back for several weeks.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied the ADC, and got the 1st round case interview. The interviewers and HR were very friendly. However, since I did not prepare well and was very nervous, so I did not get the 2nd round. So I have to wait for another two years before applying for another BCG position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The best interview I've ever had! The consultants interviewing me made me feel at ease since the beginning and were very helpful in guiding the case. Both cases were very interesting and I really enjoyed the fit part. The whole process seemed like a friendly conversation with two interesting people

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2015.

Interview

Two 1:1 interviews, 45 min each. 2 fit questions for each interview, followed by a case. Whole process was very professionally done, but had a tougher time connecting with the interviewers. Be very prepared for the fit questions, they try to throw out curve balls.

Interview Questions

• Cases were both in healthcare - market entry and increasing profitability.
      Unusual fit questions - tell me about how you deal with ambiguity, what industry would you want to work in if you join BCG and what space within that do you think BCG should occupy more of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

BCG came to campus, about 1-2 weeks after the application was due, I received email invitation to their DC office for first round interview. 2 45-mins case interviews, the first 5-10mins behavioral, then 20~mins on the case. After the case there were 5-10 mins to ask questions. I interviewed in the morning, they had water and some chocolates for candidates. The interview was scheduled on Thursday so many of us had to miss classes. They put me in a hotel about 20mins away from the office the night before. It took them one day to get back to me about me not getting into the second round.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment
      What would you do differently next time when you work with a group after you learned from past group work experiences
      What was a time you were stressed and how did you deal with it
      Why BCG
      Why consulting
      When you work with a group what's your role in the team
      What kind of teammates would you pick if you're a project leader   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Two interviewers, 2 fit questions followed by a case. The whole process was very professional, however it was hard to connect with the interviewer within such a short time.

Interview Questions

• Both cases were in healthcare, first was market entry and second was increasing profitability.
      Unusual fit questions included "how do you deal with ambiguity", "what industry would you want to work in if you join BCG".   Answer Question