Boston Consulting Group Junior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 2.3K interviews

3.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in Oct 2020

Interview

The process nearly took 1 month and a half between Hr screening, digital assesment, the coaching session and the first round of interviews. I got the response one week after I took the interviews,

Interview Questions
  • Fit questions : Why our firm? Why consulting? What firms are you interviewing with? What's - Case study about competitive response and Market entry
    Answer Question

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Three rounds 1 interview each The typical case question and fit split, more time was allocated to the case. Interviews are with senior employees and are fairly challenging overall. Would recommend a lot of focus on the case as the majority of the scoring seemed to relate to case performance at round 1.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Frankfurt am Main) in Feb 2020

Interview

There are two rounds (BCG DACH): Round 1: Two Case Interviews (20-25 Minute Fit and 20 Minute Case) and one GMAT style quant/logic test that you do on a laptop at the BCG office. Round 2: Another two Case Interviews (same as above but more emphasis on fit and maybe just a 15 minute market sizing exercise) and 3 real life situations where you have to solve mini tasks that a consultant might face in every day life (eg. draw up a slide given some data)

Interview Questions
  • What last question should I ask you in order to get to know you better?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Nairobi) in Dec 2019

Interview

The interview process has an average of 3 steps. The first is an aptitude test done in the company's local offices. If you succeed the next steps are 2 rounds of interviews with 2 case study style interviews each. You are given the chance to ask questions after each interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Moscow

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow)

Interview

Very fast and friendly recruiting process. Won a local BCG competition and was invited directly to the first round. Two rounds of interview were very typical for the industry, however, the fit part was bigger and more interesting than in two other MBB companies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Johannesburg) in Aug 2019

Interview

Typical consulting interview with a fit interview portion, a quants test and a case interview. There were training workshops (3) prior to the interview for my intake group and we were designated a BCGer to help us with case prep along the way.

Interview Questions
  • Give a situation in which you had to handle conflict and the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Casablanca)

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. 3 interviews the interviewers were really incompetent the interview was in French even if the interviewer could barely speak French. The first interview was some basic case study questions second one was the test in laptop the 3rd one was with a partner and the last was with another partner who don't really know what he is talking about questions not clear questions and very bad organization

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in Oct 2018

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. There was a prescreening call and then two following interviews, 2 rounds each. They were typical case study interviews, and while they were interested in learning more about me and asking behavioral questions they were definitely focused on the case studies.

Interview Questions
  • What has been one of your largest failures to date?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Johannesburg)

Interview

The first round involved a one on one interview with a consultant. The first portion was a fit interview followed by a case study. Afterwards I did a multiple choice test on a low cost airline.

Interview Questions
  • Develop a strategy for a company to enter into an African market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne) in Mar 2018

Interview

I had two 45-minute interview sessions with two BCG Principals. They started off with some get-to-know-you questions; they asked me to tell them a bit about myself and followed up with some questions about my CV and cover letter. Then they followed up with some STAR questions for about 15 minutes and then we started the case study. The case study goes for 20 minutes and the interviewers were very nice - they can sense when you're getting stuck and ask you some prompting questions to lead you in the right direction. The last 10 minutes are allotted for you to ask them any questions you may have about BCG.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you experienced a failure and how you dealt with that; what you learned, how you overcame the situation...
  • Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities?
6 people found this interview helpful