Boston Consulting Group Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Junior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.7

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. There was a prescreening call and then two following interviews, 2 rounds each. They were typical case study interviews, and while they were interested in learning more about me and asking behavioral questions they were definitely focused on the case studies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had two 45-minute interview sessions with two BCG Principals. They started off with some get-to-know-you questions; they asked me to tell them a bit about myself and followed up with some questions about my CV and cover letter. Then they followed up with some STAR questions for about 15 minutes and then we started the case study. The case study goes for 20 minutes and the interviewers were very nice - they can sense when you're getting stuck and ask you some prompting questions to lead you in the right direction.
    The last 10 minutes are allotted for you to ask them any questions you may have about BCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a failure and how you dealt with that; what you learned, how you overcame the situation...   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Johannesburg (South Africa)).

Interview

The first round involved a one on one interview with a consultant. The first portion was a fit interview followed by a case study. Afterwards I did a multiple choice test on a low cost airline.

Interview Questions

• Develop a strategy for a company to enter into an African market.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. 3 interviews the interviewers were really incompetent the interview was in French even if the interviewer could barely speak French.

The first interview was some basic case study questions second one was the test in laptop the 3rd one was with a partner and the last was with another partner who don't really know what he is talking about questions not clear questions and very bad organization

Junior Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Test, written case, 2 rounds of 2 case interviews each. Interviewers were positive and supportive, each case requires to solve a business problem and demonstrate your ability to think in a structured and logical way, leverage your business judgement and make reasonable assumptions. No framework crunching needed.

Interview Questions

• What is your achievement you are proud of the most?   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application was easy but took 4+weeks for me to receive the call form BCG Dubai
    The process consisted in 3 steps.
    1) two, 1h interviews at my campus with project leader and manager. both consisted in motivation and business case.
    2) At Dubai, analytical test + 1 business case
    3) interview with partner in Dubai + offer.

Interview Questions

• Call center business case & Airline business case in the first round.   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

Very fast and friendly recruiting process. Won a local BCG competition and was invited directly to the first round. Two rounds of interview were very typical for the industry, however, the fit part was bigger and more interesting than in two other MBB companies.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2016.

Interview

2 Gespräche jeweils mit einem Consultant (ca 15min. Lebenslauf, 20min. Case, 10min. Fragen) + 1 Online Test. Sehr freundliche und angenehme Atmosphäre. Online Test fand ich jedoch etwas schwierig und ich weiß ehrlich nicht, wie man sich auf so etwas am besten vorbereiten kann. Die Cases waren nicht schwer, man musste jedoch einige BWL-Grundlagen wissen wie z.B. was growth drivers sind oder wie man die Marktgröße grob berechnen kann.

Interview Questions

• 3 Eigenschaften, die Ihre Freunde über Sie erzählen würden.
      Stärken/Schwächen
      Warum BCG, Warum Consulting   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

Der erste Interviewtag besteht aus einer kurzen Unternehmenspräsentation, einem Online Case sowie zwei einstündige Interviewgesprächen. Die Atmosphäre an diesem Tag war sehr ruhig und es wurden insgesamt ca. 10 Bewerber interviewt.
    Am zweiten Interviewtag gab es drei einstündige Interviewgespräche sowie 3 mal das sogennanten BCG Real Life, bei dem Situationen aus dem Alltag eines Beraters in einem Rollenspiel nachgespielt werden. Jede Situation dauert ca. 12 Minuten.