Boston Consulting Group Junior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

BCG held a booth at a Job Fair where I dropped off my resume. I was later called back for a 20 minutes informal interview with one of the partners.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview

it was the usual case interview process. supposedly they would fly you out later, depending on your geographic preference and it's most likely very standardized for this position. i didn't make the first round....

Interview Questions

• Case studies are like exams, but nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

It was a one day-long interview, with two candidate-led case studies 1:1 and one online test. Everyone was very nice. I did not get the job because I made a few math mistakes, I was super stressed, and so I didn't make the cut. But other than that they were actually quite helpful and super friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was two case studies. One about retail industry and one about automotive industry.   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beirut (Lebanon)).

Interview

The interviewers were really friendly and helpful. I had 2 back to back interviews, 45 minutes each. The interviewers were extremely friendly and helpful. The problem that I faced during the interview was me getting nervous. My advice to you is to be yourself, do whatever you can and don't over think. The questions were not difficult, on the contrary, easily doable. Practice practice practice.

Interview Questions

• What's the total revenue of Sushi Restaurants in Lebanon? And if you wanted to open one, where would you do it and why?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone-interview (Frankfurt-Munich). The interviewer was late, 30 min(!). A young consultant, under a lot of pressure and lacking empathy, bad combination... First, 20 min questions about CV and leadership/team-work, then I was asked to solve a case study over the phone, a candidate-led one, it was very challenging. Despite all the money BCG is investing in creating the image of a peoples´ creativity and leadership oriented company (YouTube channel, TEDtalks, etc), the interview felt more like a standardized test, either you fit in the mold or you´re out, disappointing...

Interview Questions

• What do you feel most proud of? Characteristics of a leader? Teamwork? Case-study: LED producer for the car industry, calculate market size and growth.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I received the interview invitation soon. The process involved two interviews, each consisted of two face-to-face case study and personal interviews and one computer-based case study.

Interview Questions

• The personal interview involved questions like, which is your biggest achievement, describe an incident with conflict, describe an incident where you had to show your leadership skills, why are you leaving academia (I had just finished my PhD) for consulting? After that, there was a case study. I did not get to the next stage mainly because this was my second interview and I did not have the experience to structure my answers in the case study (this was my feedback, I needed more practice). It is all about practice...the more case studies you practice, the better the chances.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

Really did not like the interviewers, were acting very snobbish, but I guess that differs per person and per company. Had a stress interviews with a couple of people in the room present.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Standard test followed by case studies. The test only consisted of numerical questions - I found it relatively easy compared to some other firms. It was negatively marked. The interview was the standard first half a CV and general business experience chat followed by a case study in the second half.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about one time when you have failed at something and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I received an invitation 2 and a half months after my application and was invited to attend two days later. The test was divided in two multiple choice parts: one based on maths skills, the other on logical skills. Time was limited, you had to think quickly and pick the right answer. The logical test was pretty difficult and was similar to GMAT. Having practiced or taken the GMAT exam in the past is very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Understand the logical flow of a process based on traffic lights and understand why and where the process was wrong based on what was written   Answer Question