Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in Kuala Lumpur | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in Kuala Lumpur

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

4.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Southeast Asia office. Was encouraged to apply/referred by a PL at a recruitment event. 3 Rounds, 1st with a Consultant and a Project Leader, 2nd with 2 Principals, and last round with a partner. I did not get past Round 2. Each interview involved fit questions plus a case. First round was of average difficulty. Second round was not super difficult but a bit more demanding than the first. Case studies were more abstract than McK and Bain. High emphasis on being very structured.

Interview Questions

• Example case: Should my neighbor Lisa start a lemonade stand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2016.

Interview

I emailed the recruiter via Linkedin requesting her to lookout for my application. I received an interview invitation 2 months later . Keep in mind that consultants are really busy, therefore BCG, Kuala Lumpur schedules 1 interview per month (only one candidate gets interviewed a month) and the interview time is subject to change, thus keep your whole day free.

The recruiter was really nice and professional. I could work really easily with the first consultant during my case study, however the second consultant looked really impatient and frustrated as I was not going in the right direction during the case. I was told to quickly wrap up both cases as I totally bombed both cases (my mind went blank!) Do yourself a favor and really prep yourself for the case studies.

Interview Questions

• Case 1: A new CEO of a Food Manufacturing company loves the idea of leaning out the company through retrenching its staff. Currently,the company has 20,000 employees and he is planning to lean it buy 10% in 6 months. He is planning to offer a Voluntary Separation Scheme to his employees that apply and successfully leave the company. How would you go about this? What would you recommend him to do?

Case 2: The government of a country with a population 5 million people is planning on introducing a mandatory private health insurance to every citizen in the country. The population of the country will grow to 15 million in 5 years. Currently, a bank with 10% market share is thinking about acquiring a TPA (Third Party Administration) which would help grow their market share to 30% in 5 years. The TPA will assist the bank in handling all insurance administration as well. Should the bank do this? What factors would you include in solving this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email 2 weeks later. I was told that they only have one interview date every month, and was then scheduled for two back-to-back case interviews at their office 2 months later. On the interview day, I was given some information on my interviewers before being led to the interview room. Unfortunately I did not make it pass this round, but was told that there would be 2 more rounds of interviews before the whole process is concluded.

Interview Questions

• A few motivation and behavioral questions, followed by business cases   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very professional.
    However, one of my interviewers had a slightly condescending attitude. He began the case before I had even gotten my materials together and was in a rush to complete the case in less than 30 minutes.

He also gave me my review after the interview - but had done so in the wee hours of the night. At 2am to be exact. Not the best way to handle a review for the interview, especially for a rejection.

The HR recruiter was very pleasant and accommodating. One of the best I have experienced so far.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of reviews. Both were divided into fit-questions and, for the brunt of it, a sections on cases.

One case focused on understanding how to break down a problem by using the real-life example of underperformance of a company. This was adapted from a real case.

The second interview was more quantitatively focused on the problem of whether a merger/takeover was desirable for the client. Simplified figures and formulas for company valuation were provided to work through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question
    • After valuing companies, I was asked if it seemed favourable or unfavourable to attempt a merger.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Got an interview appointment through a networking event. Interview planning was done through the recruiter who was very helpful in accommodating my schedule. First round of interviews was done by consultants and I passed that fine. Second round of interviews was done by principal/engagement manager level people and unfortunately I screwed up and didn't get through.

Overall everyone was very professional and gave helpful feedback.

Interview Questions

• I misunderstood a market sizing question for a generic market question, went way too broad and got dinged by the principal.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online in December 2018. Then received an invitation end of the month to attend the group interview. I was paired with another associate from the firm to help with case interviews, which I thought was quite useful.

Typical rounds - BCG Potential Test, Group interview, Principal Interview, Partner Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Your sister wants to buy a gift for your grandmother's birthday. She plans to do this by selling lemonade, how would you advise her?   1 Answer
    • Your client is a conglomerate facing competitive pressure in China, how would you advise your client?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a combination for personal experience and 1st round of case interview. The interviewer was nice but did not have time to really prepare and was really early in the morning. Should have prepared more. They asked standard personal experience questions such as why you want to join consulting and tell the work you did before. For my interviewer, i was not lucky that the interview got his number mixed up. The second case interview, the interviewer did not listed properly as i already gave her the correct answer. Perhaps not my lucky day and need to be more confident and concise

Interview Questions

• Case interview about venturing into new business
      Case interview about decline in market share   Answer Question