Boston Consulting Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Manager Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Pretty awful, uncoordinated process that was rude and completely disrespectful. From the day they called me for a phone interview, to the point where they said "no thanks" was 11 weeks. Within that 11 weeks was 6 rounds of interviews (1 phone, 5 in person or teleconference).

They decided to fly me to Boston for the final round, they bought my ticket and the day before I was supposed to go, they called and said the offer had been made to someone else and no need to come.

I nearly backed out of interviews on the 4th round as I couldn't understand what their issue was. The role I was applying for (experienced candidate) was middle of the road in terms of seniority so it wasn't like they were vetting a member of the C-Suite. If you can't figure out if you want to move forward with someone for a mid-level position after the 3rd round, then you've got issues. I mean, you called all my references after the 3rd round, what more could you possibly need?

Despite my better judgement, I agreed to the 4th and 5th rounds, and made plans for the 6th... well because they are BCG and everyone wants to work for them, but thats no excuse to flagrantly waste copious amounts of peoples time. I had to burn two and a half days of PTO to accommodate their unending interview process.

I guess they have their process for "fresh out of school" hires down pat,but beware if you are applying as an experienced hire.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Case interviews with 4 partners. Very little focus on personal traits and experience. 80% of time spent on cases. The competence of the interviewers varied greatly across the 4. One idividual was particularly weak at communicating their case, which made it difficult to arrive at a good answer. Another was fairly aloof and didn't seem to be interested in the discussion. The other two interviewers delivered very good cases and managed to have a well-rounded interview process. It is interesting how different firms vary different traits in their partners. I am pretty sure that one of these 4 people would not have even been promoted to manager at my old firm let alone partner, and another would have failed to make partner.

Interview Questions

• How do you think about pricing for a new credit card product?   Answer Question
    • What sort of factors should you take into account when developing a customer segmentation for a retail banking business?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Called back and interviewed with five people.

Interview Questions