Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in Melbourne | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in Melbourne

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

3 rounds, 2 interviews in each round. Comprised of behavioural and case questions.

Interview Questions

• Calculating return on equity as part of a business case in the context of a growth strategy.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Resume and cover letter, followed by two rounds of two interviews. Each interview had approx. 10 minutes of 'getting to know you'/fit questions, followed by a 40-minute case study, and 5 minutes at the end for you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something. What did you learn from that experience?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online via my university's careers website. I Was offered an interview 2 weeks later. The first round of interviews consisted 2 back to back 45min case interviews with either senior associate or a consultant. Both interviewers were very nice and they made me feel comfortable. The interviews was broken into 3 sections, CV/fit interview for about 10mins followed by the case interview then in the last 5mins I was allowed to ask questions about the role.

Interview Questions

• One question on revenue growth and another was on how to priorities the roll our of a new product launch.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had two 45-minute interview sessions with two BCG Principals. They started off with some get-to-know-you questions; they asked me to tell them a bit about myself and followed up with some questions about my CV and cover letter. Then they followed up with some STAR questions for about 15 minutes and then we started the case study. The case study goes for 20 minutes and the interviewers were very nice - they can sense when you're getting stuck and ask you some prompting questions to lead you in the right direction.
    The last 10 minutes are allotted for you to ask them any questions you may have about BCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a failure and how you dealt with that; what you learned, how you overcame the situation...   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities?   Answer Question