Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. It took much longer than anticipated, but I was able to meet with many people (some twice). I wish there had been a quicker turn around so I hadn't put my job search on hold.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a screen call with HR, then interviewed with every member of team, and then another call with HR. Overall process was very straightforward - took about 1 month in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this role?   1 Answer

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was just typical behavioral interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and chill. They just asked typical behavioral questions. Walk me through your resume, why do you want to apply for this position and BCG.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. I interviewed one week later; there were no unexpected questions. The interviewer was cordial, and she said that all decisions for next round interviews would be sent out by end of day.

I got an email around 4PM that day saying I didn't make it to the next round. Not sure what I did wrong during the interview as I thought it went well, but I do appreciate BCG's hiring team and their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• What are your priorities/goals for the next year?
      Why your major?
      Most challenging class?
      What drew you to this role?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended online webinars for PhD students. Then applied online and was invited for an interview in NYC. It was somewhat disorganized; I was led to the wrong room and the interviewers seemed overwhelmed and rushed. One was quite unpleasant, particularly compared to non-BCG consulting interviewers.

Both consisted of cases, one a valuation case about purchasing an NBA franchise and another about declining sales and profitability. Both fairly straightforward, although there was some intermediate accounting knowledge needed.

Interview Questions

• How does [x experience] relate and prepare you for consulting at BCG?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied via campus portal from school alum. Heard back within 2 weeks, and had one week to prepare for the interview. First round consisted of two back-to-back 45 minute interviews on site. First one was extremely tough, second one I started to feel more confident and performed better. Nice people but its was a challenging first-time case interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical consulting-style interview: behavioral questions followed by case interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through university, received first round on campus. Two case interviews (back-to-back) with mid-level consultants. Each interview consists of mostly the case (25-30 minutes) and some questions in the beginning targeted at determining fit/leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview, 2-3 behavioral questions up front   Answer Question