Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.6

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

A phone screen, a multi-day coding challenge, implied presentation and interview (didn't make it to this stage). The phone screen was brief and behavioral, followed by a business case coding challenge using various SQL commands. It seemed geared towards exploring business acumen along with engineering skills.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

7 interviews across 5 rounds (including Decision Round):
    1. HR screening phone
    2. Principal screening phone
    3. In-office Principal case interview
    4. In-office Partner case interview
    5. In-office Decision Round w/case presentation (2 Partners and 1 Principal in attendance), 2 Partner case interviews
    All Partner case interviews except 1 were not structured cases (with exhibits etc) and more discussions around how I would think about certain hypothetical client situations, industry trends etc.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were as you might expect from various study aides (e.g. Victor Cheng)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with fit questions and case study. Both involved interpreting graph data and making business recommendations. Everyone was very professional and made it a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Bridge to BCG Interview

Application

Interview

Great, engaging interviewer. It was an informal personal assessment interview. General questions about why a career in consulting might be interesting. Lots of time for my questions. I got a good idea about what the day-to-day of a consultant might look like.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can we find new revenue sources for this company   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First Round interview. Process was a bit like herding cattle. Interviewers pushed interviewees through 45 minute blocks and then taking the next straight after. The interview itself was the standard behavior and case study process for consulting.

The cases that I got were a mixed bag, one very tough for me, the other easier. Some difficulty in the process has to do with who gives the case and whether their style is approachable. In my case the first interviewer was more challenging to interact with compared to the second.

Personally felt a mix of positives and negatives at the end. Writing this before I have found out whether I will get a second round. As a result I am writing no, just to hedge my bets.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major challenge in your recent past.   2 Answers

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   1 Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process. It took much longer than anticipated, but I was able to meet with many people (some twice). I wish there had been a quicker turn around so I hadn't put my job search on hold.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a screen call with HR, then interviewed with every member of team, and then another call with HR. Overall process was very straightforward - took about 1 month in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this role?   1 Answer

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was just typical behavioral interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and chill. They just asked typical behavioral questions. Walk me through your resume, why do you want to apply for this position and BCG.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume.   1 Answer