Boston Consulting Group Project Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Project Leader Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Case interviews, case interviews and more case interviews. Very friendly environment and the interviewers have been trained to make sure that you get all the information needed to succeed.

Very objective and helpful feedback after every interview and every round.There was a case training webinar led by one of the Principals to help candidates get to know the case interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case interview about whether a company should launch a new App store for a telecom company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2015.

Interview

Easy questions on past experience. How would you use agile project management techniques in consulting world where business stakeholders have different opinions.

How would you measure success of a project. Metrics used, etc.

Interview Questions

Offered a lower position - Senior Business Analyst as I did not have enough experience to be a Project Leader. I am not sure why they need to make me go through 3 interview rounds (one onsite) to eventually have reservations on my experience.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

My work experience is with bulge bracket i-banks across the world for Internal strategy team. I am MBA from top European institute.My CV landed via an external agency to a Senior Partners. They were interested in my profile as I tick all the boxes but I eventually never got to speak to them.

For a strategy firm - they really need improve their interview process. It is a long painful process.
    Round 1 was with another Project Leader. It went very well. I was told I should not worry too much about the case interview as it was a formality.

After 12 years of full time experience in London, New York this did seem like a formality as my selling point was unique. Apparently this position is open for months and with the current processes it will continue to be.

HR did recommend to prepare case interviews with the first person. I sent him an email but never got a response. He apparently was too busy and did not even respond. This information never reached HR.

Round 2- 8 weeks later - I suggested a time that suited me. Interview was set for another time. Upon contacting I got an apology and that interview would take place on the time I initially recommended. I had to send a couple of reminders to get the name of interviewers.

Both interviews were an hour long. 20 minutes behavioural questions, 30-40 minutes case. Case 1 i aced it it was with Project leader. Case 2 was with Principal . I could just feel it that we did not have a click but hopefully he will look at the big picture. There was difference in thinking and opinion. Coming from an i-bank with Risk, Compliance & Strategy back ground I see things other than just making a quick money. May be this is the reason they are looking for specialist. Shareholder value may be a major aim for consultants who come in for quick assignments. For my role I should have spoken directly to Senior Partners who head the practise elsewhere. When you speak to people who come with one answer and you are the specialist - there could be differences in opinion.

. My.Interviewer wanted to concentrate on the finance part and appreciated my thoughts but wanted to move into that direction. Which is fair and I eventually did. I touched upon the responsibility of firms towards their own people. The emotions of people are driving the world today. Look at Trump in USA or Brexit in EU. Companies are not able to justify simply making a extra money anymore or evade tax. Shareholders are one of the stakeholders.

You cannot have a click with everyone. The second interviewer did not have a click with me. That is fine. I would never see him if i got hired (his words). If he had doubts he should have let the practise head test me.

It would have been nicer for him to call back and give direct feedback himself. Instead the person I had a click with called me and explained that Case 1 was fine, Case 2 interviewer thought I missed the point and they had doubts around my fit together (well they have to say something at this point of time).

To me it seems that people internally do not completely coordinate. I was supposed to be hired for a very specific department as specialist. It was a semi-formality to do the cases which was not the case eventually.

My two cents to anyone who is really interested in BCG. Do you homework, be prepared for long endless tough interviews. Do not take their words for granted.It really depends on the day, person you speak. Be prepared to in that is not a selection but a rejection process. If you have a family and a good stable job. You really want think - Do I want a life out of suitcase?

Lastly, it is not a firm for everyone and probably not for me. I am really fine with it. My interest was raised about the work they do and compensation. They never revealed the compensation they could offer for this role.

It seems now from other resources that at some point we would not have found common ground on that front either. They pay above industry norm. But if you a good deal with i-bank , it is not going to probably get better than that.

Good luck !

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions were typical. If you prepare well, you should be fine.   1 Answer

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

4 rounds, 2 with principals and 2 with partners, roughly an hour each - feedback received after each round and the overall experience was quite pleasant, I was called into the BCG office and had 2 rounds on VC and 2 face to face interviews. Interviewers were quite senior and as such focused more on probing past experience leading teams and scoping projects and not a standard case interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly around case scoping and disaggregating into work streams, as well as my point of view on certain industry sectors   1 Answer

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview

1) Phone screen with senior partner discussing experiences on my resume.
    2) Two in-office interviews with principals - discussed view on consulting businesses, and worked through case interviews (w/ heavy quant component)
    3) Three in-person interviews with partners - included case, career aspirations, reasons for considering leaving current company

Interview Questions

• Who is winning the data war between pharmaceuticals and health insurance companies?   Answer Question

Level and compensation of offer was too low.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

4-5 interviews including HR and final offer. You go ahead only if the previous one is successful. Very consistent interview process across different interviewers. Mostly case based - 2 cases per interview is a minimum. The cases are usually a stripped down version of a real life case example that the person must have gone through.

Interview Questions

• Why move from a consulting company to another consulting firm   Answer Question