Boston Consulting Group Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 8 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in South Korea
Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (South Korea)

Interview

After submitting my English resume, I got an individual call by phone. Job was offered very soon, since the interview process itself was very fast-paced. Interviewer was friendly and intimate.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding job experiences mentioned in my resume
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in South Korea
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (South Korea)

Interview

Job: 3 month Research Assistant in BCG in KOREA, did phone interview for 30 minutes. he asked few questions including my career goal, research skills, past experiences, extracurricular activities, etc. No guestimation question at all. it seems like he didn't care about guestimation. got call back in 5 hours.

Interview Questions
Boston Consulting Group
Anonymous Employee in Seoul
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Oct 2018

Interview

Resume submission (referral) - Resume screening - Phone interview - Call for result notification Other candidates had face to face interview. I had phone interview since I as unable to visit offline.

Interview Questions
  • Were you interested in the relevant field before? (financial services)
Anonymous Employee in Seoul
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Mar 2018

Interview

I applied through online and received a phone call in next day. After having really short interview (~15min), we arranged f2f interview day after. The process was really quick as they look for candidates who can work right away. They often ask simple case question or guesstimation, but in my cases the questions were based on my CV.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me three reasons why I should buy bitcoins? Three reasons I shouldn't.
Anonymous Employee in Seoul
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Jul 2017

Interview

After passing the resume screening, I received a phone interview. This took place about two or three days after applying for the position. Then, I was invited for a face interview.

Interview Questions
Boston Consulting Group
Anonymous Employee in Seoul
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Sep 2015

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received interview invitation within two days. The interview took place at a restaurant while having dinner (The project was running really tight, so the consultant could not afford any time other than lunch or dinner breaks). In a week time, I was informed of the offer for the duration of a single project.

Interview Questions
  • It was a typical guestimation question, a short case study, and a translation of document between English and Korean.
Anonymous Employee in Seoul
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Aug 2015

Interview

Resume Screening - Phone Interview - Face to Face I sent my resume and short introduction through online and got phone interview that day. Interview was about 1 hour and half. It encompassed from personal questions to simple guesstimation questions. In last, I went through face to face interview with one of the seniors. I got selected with 2 other assistants and they were all similarly chosen. Phone interview is important I think. They go thoroughly about your information about your information and job requirements. My colleagues got the interview to see what their ms office ability is about.

Interview Questions
  • Are you a good communicator? What experiences do you have related to consulting? Why do you think manhole cover is round? How do you cope with time-boxing environment?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (United States) in Jun 2014

Interview

Applied online and found out it was through an outside consulting firm. I had a phone interview, one in person interview and another phone interview. The phone interviews were general (tell me about yourself, what brought you to BCG, can you talk about X experience at Y place, etc.). The in-person interview was more extensive. Questions about work history, specific projects I had done, how did I feel about doing certain tasks that would be required in this role, what information did I feel was relevant if a consultant needed more information about Department of Z in the US government. All three interviewers (I only had one interviewer per round, the phone interviews were with women, the in-person one was with a man) were all polite and nice and I felt it was genuinely pleasant conversations with each of them. I did feel that the in-person interviewer (whom the incumbent would be working with) and I did just did not connect and I was distinctly less interest interested in the job as I advanced through the interview rounds. I somewhat suspect that particular experiences on my resume were of interest to this interviewer, but not necessarily as a means for actually hiring a candidate (more like we had something unique in common). However, this is strictly personal speculation as the recruiter informed me he had no specific feedback about my application/interview style. They have a nice office and the front desk person was also quite personable. I'm not sure if I would have accepted the offer, but for the right personality and person, this place could be a great fit.

Interview Questions
  • None were highly unusual. If you've been on interviews before or have experience with this type of organization, it probably won't stand out. However, as this would have been a new field for me, I may not have received any curve ball questions.