Boston Consulting Group Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Telephone, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

BCG is hiring for different data analytics role in their Gurgaon office.

First they send me a general analytics JD which is common now a days.

The consultant scheduled my interview 3 times(on different dates) but nobody called me from BCG.
At-least BCG should have some professional etiquette that if they scheduled someone interview and if somehow they were not able to take that interview, Please inform to the candidate.

A candidate is still have a job and he/she somehow find time for your interview. Please at-least respect for his/her time.

Second, After few days another consultant approach me with the Insurance analytics JD, but they mentioned so many things in that JD (From Pricing, reserving, Litigation Management, Consumer behavior till Market and regulatory risk)
In my current organization, there are 5 different teams for all these work and everyone have around 5-6 years of experience.
If a person really worked on the predictive modeling for an P&C Insurance he/she can easily understand that they are going to do for the first time.

Anyhow, Consultant convinced me to gave the interview and I finally agreed for the same.

When the interviewer(from BCG) called me she herself don't have any idea what she was asking from me. I had done projects related to pricing of different P&C Insurance products, but she was asking questions on reserving of life Insurance companies. I don't think they don't go through my resume in detail.

Later, she was asking again same old questions on general predictive modeling interview.

a) How to remove multi-collinearity, auto-correlation, CLS assumptions
b) interpretation of odds ratio, logistics regression results
c) Different SAS procedure and functions

Which I gave correctly, but I was expecting to discuss or questions related to P&C Insurance analytics and how they are going to do in the coming time, which she was not to give the explanation

Interview Questions

• They are in the process of setting up a new Insurance analytics team in Gurgaon, but they there-self not aware about How they can do this.
    They don't have any Actuary, neither their JD was properly prepared nor the person who took the interview was prepared properly.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly quick; 1 phone screen with the recruiter, an interview with the line manager, another team manager, and the practice director. They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the topic of expertise and my work experience, but were more concerned with the way I think critically and solve problems.

Interview Questions

• What [topic of expertise] trends are companies most concerned about today?   Answer Question

Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was spread over a couple weeks - initial contact to offer
    The rounds were as under
    - Phone screening
    - HR
    - Case
    - Technical
    - high level/ confirmation

The interview process is very organized and prepared you well for other job interviews. If you are in the city most of the rounds will be at their office, else they would send you a video-con invite.

It took me about 2 weeks continuous prep to do research, brush up skills, go through my resume and crack it. If you know your stuff, are confident, and are a reasonably good fit, you may be selected in all probabilities. I'd highly recommend taking it even if you don't plan to work for BCG.

Interview Questions

• 1.Insurance industry based questions
      2.Data analysis   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Mix of case and behavioral questions. Had 3 rounds of interviews and everyone was nice. Each interview lasted 30-45 minutes. Last interview was with a senior partner in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you faced? Go through this case.   2 Answers

Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2018.

Interview

tel. interview with Recruiting
    Video conf interview with team
    Inhouse interview and technical test required skills.
    Very positiv experience
    Fast Process, People very friendly and professional
    Definately to recommened if well prepared.

Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2017.

Interview

There were five separate interviews along with a written case study. Everyone was extremely friendly and it progressed from the recruiter and ended with a final round interview with a partner. There were a lot of broad industry questions and a lot of "Tell me a time..." Each interview was typically 45 minutes and I would normally hear back within a few days if I made it to the next round, with the next round being scheduled a comfortable week in advance.

Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Written + 4 rounds of interview . Interviewers are very kind and make you comfortable while answering questions , Also give you your own peace of mind to answer the same. Technical questions revolve around the work that you do and experience that you have.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Technical and general aptitude questions.Technical questions in the interview.   2 Answers

Senior Knowledge Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2015.

Interview

1) online test on Excel, VBA and SQL. 30 questions each test for 30 mins.
    2) face to face interview with Project Lead (same position you are interviewing for)

It was a waste of time coming here for the interview as they got the JD wrong. They wanted IT managers who could lead a team of developers to create tools/ db for analytics and not people with analytical background. They call it analytics but the people here don't know the concepts.

There was a HR coordinator who was moving things along. When I was called for the face to face interview, he got me and another fellow in the same room. The interviewer was inexperienced and it seemed he was practicing how to take interviews. After the interview, the HR coordinator asked us to have lunch in the cafeteria and wait for the next round. In the middle of having my lunch, I got a call from the guard in reception that to come there. I passed the HR coordinator on my way there and asked him what happened and he said nothing that he didn't call me. When I reached the reception the guard told me the HR coordinator had asked us to leave for the day. It seems the HR coordinator was too cowardly to face candidates himself.

It was quite a rude experience. I would discourage people to come here for interview without any reference.

Interview Questions

• How would procedures help in running SQL server faster?   Answer Question