Boston Consulting Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 32 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (United States)

Interview

Interviewers were very kind and engaging. I was interviewing out of the Houston office and had a lot of questions relating to the oil and gas industry. Some questions were pretty tough, but the interview was very kind and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Why BCG? Why are you interested in consulting?
    Answer Question
Application

Interview

Two cases, several minutes of brief fit questions before each case. Cases focused on discovering new insights rather than being overly quantitative. Both cases had brainstorming and calculations. Interviewers were very friendly and took a lot of notes.

Interview Questions
Boston Consulting Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portugal
Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Portugal)

Interview

Completed the online assessment and the first round of interviews. The online assessment is done in their offices and you'll have limited time to answer multiple choice questions. They will test both your numerical and business knowledge. If successful, within a week you'll be asked for an interview date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (United States)

Interview

First round on campus; second round on site with 2 cases with partner-level people at the firm. Looking for structure and correct answers to the case. Second round is more challenging than the first and usually requires some sort of trick to unlock the case

Interview Questions
  • Ask you to solve cases and some behaviorals
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (United States)

Interview

I applied with employee referral system. I got a phone call from a second year analyst from the team. The team picks analyst on a need basis and the process was quite quick. Took less than a week .

Interview Questions
Boston Consulting Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (United States)

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's on-campus recruiting program. In the first round, I had two 45-minute interviews with current consultants at the company, each with fit and case components.

Interview Questions
Boston Consulting Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in France
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (France) in Oct 2019

Interview

Just come up and ask you some basic questions such as career path, self-positioning, why consulting, why bcg, strength weakness, etc., to see if you have certain thoughts and ideas about these basic problems. Of course, an interviewer will suddenly ask you a strange question, which is difficult to prepare in advance. Then there will be a case analysis for about half an hour. You and the interviewer need a lot of communication and interaction to discuss how to solve this problem. Finally, you need to quickly make a summary and give certain suggestions based on your own analysis. It is said that the result is not very important, the focus is on the process. The few cases I have faced can be regarded as finding the crux of the problem and giving some suggestions. After finishing the case, the interviewer will leave time for you to ask questions.

Interview Questions
  • It is the case of the bank. What is the existing cost structure and the cost of the benchmark, which one is better?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in Sep 2019

Interview

Applied online and received an email a while after inviting me to interview (first round) at the Boston Office. Transportation to the office was paid for. The interview was a series of questions related to personality and working in a team.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about one time where you were working in a team and there was a disagreement. Mention how it was resolved.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2019

Interview

2 cases, 1 behavioral. Cases were relatively simple; market entry and market size. Behavioral is what you would expect (teamwork, leadership, etc.) Nothing was unexpected or too difficult. Just be sure to practice.

Interview Questions
Boston Consulting Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

First Round at the office through campus recruiting. Case involved something that was my particular interest. I believe there is a good chance the interviewer will select a case based on your background

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews