Boston Consulting Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews and both rounds were in the NJ office. After the first round, BCG was very helpful in providing a phone call with personalized feedback. The second round of interview was definitely more challenging with a more senior member of BCG.

Interview Questions

• Two case interviews for each round. The interview started with one or two behavioral questions then moved straight to the case. The case portion involves a graph and is more self guided than led.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via phone call to attend the BCG Connection Event. After I attended the event, I was invited to apply as a summer analyst intern there. I applied from their online application website and received a notification about 2 weeks later that I have passed the CV selection process. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is in focus group discussion format with the BCG Project Leaders. The second round is a one on one interview wit the BCG Principals.

Interview Questions

• [ Case Interview ]
      They gave me a case about a pulp and paper industry in Indonesia. The demand is getting lower yet the production cost is getting higher. The interviewees are supposed to solve the case by leading the interviewers to give data, explanations, and also providing the interviewers with the required analysis.
    • [ Case Interview ]
      They gave me a case about a restaurant in Indonesia. I have to count the market size of the restaurant for a year.
    • [ Case Interview ]
      They gave me a case about a company who wants to create a classic radio station in a medium inhabited area. I have to count the revenue of this business.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I've gone through several banking and consulting interviews, but people at BCG definitely seemed most friendly and yet also most intellectual. Although it is somewhat difficult to land an interview with them, once you receive an invitation for the first round interview, as long as you've been preparing for the case interviews, it should not be EXTREMELY difficult. My first round was back-to-back interviews, about 30 minutes each. Case portion took most of the time each session.

Interview Questions

• They use real cases... mine was both about increasing efficiency while maintaining profitability.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

Pre-talk: it is an one on one interview, the interviewer was quite nice, fist went through my intern experience, then asked some behavior questions and case study. Overall, it was a quick interview process, finished all interviews in two weekends.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a consultant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at the BCG office in Philadelphia. Interviewers were very professional, nice, and encouraging. I enjoyed the experience. I kind of bungled the first interview a bit which is why I think I didn't make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Tough case on airplane company. Lots of synthesis required in terms of charts and data; the math was fine, just being able to keep the information together was a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview

Online application, followed by an invitation to solve an assessment test in the office.
    The test was quite tight in terms of time, but nothing more than pure math.
    Then a 2 one-on-one interview, with a small personal component and then two case interviews. One case was about organizational design, the other was a new product evaluation and conditions to succeed.

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was a new product evaluation, which was completely random and unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2013.

Interview

Self introduction (30 sec)
    Several questions on resume (2 min)
    A case study ( about a IT product company trying to expand in China) (6 min)
    Several more questions (since I solved the case too fast) (5 min)

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2010.

Interview

Called in for 1 1:1 interview and a computer business analytical test. The 50 minute interview was 50/50 personal and case oriented. The case was a market entry case into a new part of the health industry.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview

Resume/Cover Letter/ Transcript. Interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Both interviewers spent 5-10 mins asking "fit" questions 20-30 mins on the case and 5-10 mins for questions afterwards. Both the cases were relatively straightforward, one about whether to acquire a company and another about identifying the drop in revenues for a railroad company.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting thing you have done while at school?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard online application for summer intern with written ability test first. I attended the test only out of curriosity - had other plans for the summer at that time.
    The test is not predominantly logical and for rough math skills but rather for speed reading (i.e. typical GRE or GMAT test) unlike with Mckinsey.