Boston Consulting Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Two cases in the first round and two cases in the second round. 10 minutes of personal experiences and leadership, and 35 minutes for a case per interview. Case problems included market entry, sales growth, and profitability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through a college-specific application. First round was two back to back 45-minute case and fit interviews. Was notified a few business days later by email that I did not make it to the next round

Interview Questions

• Both cases were fairly straightforward, with quantitative and brainstorming components   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2017.

Interview

Not a good experience for a good company like BCG. The interviewer is ignorant of investment and does not understand the differences between buy side research and sell side research. He simply kept abashing the field of equity research and boasting that how posh consulting is.

Interview Questions

• Self introduction, talk about former internships
      Mini case, market entry problem: A fashion magazine wants to enter the market of fashion education, chose an appropriate sub market to enter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two 45mins case-style interviews, one with a project leader and one with a consultant. All the staff were friendly and polite. The interview started with 10 mins background overview, 25 mins case and about 10 mins question time and free conversation.

Interview Questions

• one case about sales drop of Thinkers Scotch Whisky, another about low customer satisfaction rate of a fast-food store drive through service   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two rounds of two cases. The first round was with a consultant and an associate and the second round was with two partners. Overall it was a good process and what I expected. BCG likes to show candidates graphs and see how candidates respond.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview at Milan office - partners flew in to conduct interview. This position was for the Middle East office and I got to know about the position after they conducted a workshop at my university.

Interview Questions

• Case interview - Day care center market in Saudi Arabia   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

Pre-talk: it is an one on one interview, the interviewer was quite nice, fist went through my intern experience, then asked some behavior questions and case study. Overall, it was a quick interview process, finished all interviews in two weekends.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a consultant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews and both rounds were in the NJ office. After the first round, BCG was very helpful in providing a phone call with personalized feedback. The second round of interview was definitely more challenging with a more senior member of BCG.

Interview Questions

• Two case interviews for each round. The interview started with one or two behavioral questions then moved straight to the case. The case portion involves a graph and is more self guided than led.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via phone call to attend the BCG Connection Event. After I attended the event, I was invited to apply as a summer analyst intern there. I applied from their online application website and received a notification about 2 weeks later that I have passed the CV selection process. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is in focus group discussion format with the BCG Project Leaders. The second round is a one on one interview wit the BCG Principals.

Interview Questions

• [ Case Interview ]
      They gave me a case about a pulp and paper industry in Indonesia. The demand is getting lower yet the production cost is getting higher. The interviewees are supposed to solve the case by leading the interviewers to give data, explanations, and also providing the interviewers with the required analysis.   1 Answer
    • [ Case Interview ]
      They gave me a case about a restaurant in Indonesia. I have to count the market size of the restaurant for a year.   1 Answer
    • [ Case Interview ]
      They gave me a case about a company who wants to create a classic radio station in a medium inhabited area. I have to count the revenue of this business.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard online application for summer intern with written ability test first. I attended the test only out of curriosity - had other plans for the summer at that time.
    The test is not predominantly logical and for rough math skills but rather for speed reading (i.e. typical GRE or GMAT test) unlike with Mckinsey.