Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

3.8

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, then one 45 minute written case followed by 2 back to back 45 minute interviews on site. Between the on-campus and the on-site, I had 4 separate phone calls with consultants at the on-site office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two on campus interview and then then second round interviews on site. The team members were very friendly and appeared as though they wanted to see you succeed. Heard back efficiently for each round as well.

Interview Questions

• Just practice the cases and be prepared for anything. One of my cases was not quite like any other case I had seen before.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very efficient. The whole process took 2 weeks. 2 back to back behavioral + case interviews with a consultant and a principal Everyone was very nice. Lots of non-evaluative mock interviews provided.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview was in local office consisting of 2 45 minute cases. Second round was in location preference with 45 minute case and written case (45 min. to prepare, 45 minutes to present).

Interview Questions

• What is one personal goal you would want to continue to pursue while at BCG?   Answer Question
    • Why consulting/why BCG?   Answer Question
    • Describe a team you showed leadership in a group where you did not have an official leadership position.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

I was invited for an interview at the closest office to where I was located. There were two interviews, each consisting of about 15 minutes of fit questions and 30 minutes of case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team where there might have been no good resolution.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Apply online and then interview with back to back interviews. Each interview is supposed to be half behavioral and half case study, but in reality they were both overwhelmingly case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can we find new revenue sources for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two 45 minute interview, 1/3 is behavioral, 1/3 is a case question, and 1/3 is for Q&A. The entire recruiting process was professionally done and everyone was nice and considerate. My interviewers were engaging and willing to offer guidance and conversation as we walked through the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.