Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

3.8

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Apply online and then interview with back to back interviews. Each interview is supposed to be half behavioral and half case study, but in reality they were both overwhelmingly case studies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can we find new revenue sources for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two 45 minute interview, 1/3 is behavioral, 1/3 is a case question, and 1/3 is for Q&A. The entire recruiting process was professionally done and everyone was nice and considerate. My interviewers were engaging and willing to offer guidance and conversation as we walked through the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did on campus recruitment. First round on campus, final round on site. Each round consisted of 2 back-to-back 45min interviews, with a behavioral and case interview component. The questions were fairly standard but the cases were difficult. The interviewers will always press for more, but they will guide and help if you get stuck.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied on campus and was invited for a first round. Had access to a lot of BCG mentoring sessions before the actual interview. The process consisted of two consecutive on campus interviews. Not the easiest process but the help provided makes it relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• A few general questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences followed by a case.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The process is similar to other strategic consultancy firms. First the CV filter stage. Secondly, they invite you to complete a test in their office, which I quite hard. I think that I answered more questions than the average (19/23) but not sure if I had all the answers right. Finally, they invite me for the third phase which consists on two case interviews: the first third was about fit questions regarding your background and your skills at the firm; the second one the case; and finally they give you time to question, I recommend to think these questions before the interview. I successfully passed both interviews and I went into the final phase, which was the same format but in this case the interviewers had a more senior position. Finally, I hadn't got the offer but I can tell that the experience is worth it. All the consultants were friendly, so I recommend to feel relax during the interviews, the cases were easier than what I could find in the Case in Point.

Interview Questions

• 1st case: A company wanted to launch a campaign of points promotion, give your recommendation.
      2nd case: An energy company was suffering losses, determine whats the cause and how can you switch the situation.
      3rd case: determine how many business carriers should the Barcelona-Madrid have.
      4rd case: Similar to the second one, but a manufacturing company.

All the cases had graphs and a lot of data was provided when I asked for them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I Skyped with my interviews because I was studying abroad. I had two back to back 45 minute interviews. First half was behavioral and second half was a case. The cases were fun but different from what is in Case in Point.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting process in early October and was invited to the first round in mid-October, which was held in the BCG office closest to my campus. My final round was a week later in the office I had preferenced in my application. As one might expect, the cases were the most difficult part, but I was able to keep a calm and friendly demeanor throughout, which helped me.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself in two words, what would they be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict on a team.   Answer Question