Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.8

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two first round on campus interviews, they interview a lot of people. Second round interviews were at the office, four 1 on 1 interviews. All the interviews had a bit about your background, and a case study. Some case studies had charts and tables to analyze, others were purely just back and fourth questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go through a lot of case studies. Must come up with a lot of different ideas to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

It was the 2nd round interview for summer associate position. I flew into Atlanta the day before the interview. 2nd round consisted of 2 interviews: 1 with a partner and 1 with a principal.

Interview Questions

• The case was on car financing. It was a pretty difficult question, very open-ended. The market sizing was not too difficult, but you had to come up with creative insights. The market sizing question was to estimate the size of car financing market.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Applied by emailing one of the HR people (got her contact details via a mutual friend). Everyone was very friendly, although I didn't feel as relaxed as when interviewing at some other firms. Nice office (Los Angeles) with a fantastic view. The interview was fairly typical, 2x45min. Good experience. Would have declined the offer if I got it.

Interview Questions

• I had to analyze the toothbrush industry using just very basic graphs provided by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interview was practice cases. Difficult if you didn't prepare.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

First round on-campus interview (2), second round on-site interview (3)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book and why? Point to something you didn't include in your resume   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

You must must must practice case studies with a partner, it's not really enough to just read Case in Point (although it's a good starting point). You can't really be over prepared. Make sure to be organized and logical in your approach.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Went through on campus recruiting of a top tier university. Submitted resume, cover letter and transcript through their website and campus recruiting website. They invited me to their local office for a mock interview about a week before the real thing. It took them a weekend plus a couple of days to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a team that was functioning well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university on-campus recruiting and heard back according to deadlines they had given. Had first round interview at university, after which I was invited to final round interview at office I had preferenced. Second round interviews were much more difficult than first round, but first round was honestly quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Business case concerning placement of specialty audio products in cars   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Interview

For a summer intern position, the first round consisted of two 45-minute interviews that involved a few behavioral questions and a case. The questions were pretty standard -- walk me through your resume -- and the case didn't involve anything too difficult. It was almost like a formality; they had already picked their top candidates and they just wanted to see them in person. I haven't been called back for round two, but I haven't been denied yet, either. They have called a few to bring them in again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • A case involving a large shipping company and new international air route opportunity   Answer Question