Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews that consisted of ~5 minutes of fit and a case. It's possible and likely that my performance contributed to this, but it felt like there was an element of stress testing throughout the interview. It was not as mutually positive as other interviews with other firms.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the "additional information" on my resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Apply online and then interview with back to back interviews. Each interview is supposed to be half behavioral and half case study, but in reality they were both overwhelmingly case studies.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2013.

Interview

Started out with a boring presentation, then written test (not much time) and lastly 2 Interviews. One was in German, one in English. Each had one case study and standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the disruptive potential of private solar power to energy providers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard 1st round interview. 2 case interview + Online test. First case was to find new sources of revenue and the second one about the movie theater capacity utilization. Very good feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can we find new revenue sources for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds, the first of which is conducted on campus. This round consists of two back-to-back, forty-five minute interviews. The second is conducted at the office that you preference in your application. I did not make it to the second round, so I can't say much about what it is like.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting process in early October and was invited to the first round in mid-October, which was held in the BCG office closest to my campus. My final round was a week later in the office I had preferenced in my application. As one might expect, the cases were the most difficult part, but I was able to keep a calm and friendly demeanor throughout, which helped me.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself in two words, what would they be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did on campus recruitment. First round on campus, final round on site. Each round consisted of 2 back-to-back 45min interviews, with a behavioral and case interview component. The questions were fairly standard but the cases were difficult. The interviewers will always press for more, but they will guide and help if you get stuck.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two 45 minute interview, 1/3 is behavioral, 1/3 is a case question, and 1/3 is for Q&A. The entire recruiting process was professionally done and everyone was nice and considerate. My interviewers were engaging and willing to offer guidance and conversation as we walked through the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I Skyped with my interviews because I was studying abroad. I had two back to back 45 minute interviews. First half was behavioral and second half was a case. The cases were fun but different from what is in Case in Point.