Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting process in early October and was invited to the first round in mid-October, which was held in the BCG office closest to my campus. My final round was a week later in the office I had preferenced in my application. As one might expect, the cases were the most difficult part, but I was able to keep a calm and friendly demeanor throughout, which helped me.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself in two words, what would they be?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

It felt like I was truly valued as a candidate. Kind e-mail reminders, phone calls with bcg employees who give mock interviewes and etc were all helpfull. I did an interview at DC office and did it with one principal and one senior manager (I don't remember the title correctly) back and forth.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for the first round. It was two 45-minute interviews, 15 minutes each of behavioral and 30 minutes of case-style. The second round was on-site and had three components. A written case (which I don't believe they do at all cities), where you were given a deck of about 25 slides, then a presentation of the written case, and then a regular case + more behavioral questions. I was called within an hour of the second interview and told that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think BCG is a better fit for you than other consulting companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, first round on campus, second round in the San Francisco office. Heard back two days after the first round and the same day of the second round with my offer

First round was fairly straightforward with two cases with two different people and standard fit questions.

Second round was much more difficult with a presentation case where we were given about 50 slides and 45 minutes to make a presentation and then present it to a partner. Felt like I went the complete wrong direction with the answer, but modified my suggestion during the conversation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interviews one week apart. Each round consisted of 2 45-minute interviews. After the first round, one of my interviewers called me later to give me feedback on how the interview went and what I should improve on.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Consulting? Tell me about a time when you worked as a group and things didn't turn out as expected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round is a case interview. 2nd round is also a case interview, but with a written case. generally great people. but some preparation is definitely necessary. the interview is very standard. but make sure you have great inter-personal skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for their summer position, making it through to the second round at the Boston office. The office has a great view and everybody there was pretty friendly. Both rounds of interviews consisted of two 1:1 interviews with different staff members. For the first round, each interview was 30-45 minutes, and had a "personality/general questions" part at the beginning and then a case. The second round was the same format but the interviews were 45-60mins each.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you've ever had to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, and each round had two interviews. Each interview was ~45 minuetes long, with roughly 10 mins of behavioral/fit questions and the rest of the time was spent on a case. All of the questions were fairly standard and the interview were overall all very straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Recieved first round interview. Two sets of one on one session, each were 45 mins long. Each discussing behavioral and one case. One interview focused on my resume and other focused on larger why BCG, why consulting kind of questions. Interviewers and recruiters were extremely friendly. Each case used multiple exhibits that aren't too simple. Overall interview was not too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied via campus portal from school alum. Heard back within 2 weeks, and had one week to prepare for the interview. First round consisted of two back-to-back 45 minute interviews on site. First one was extremely tough, second one I started to feel more confident and performed better. Nice people but its was a challenging first-time case interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical consulting-style interview: behavioral questions followed by case interview questions.   Answer Question