Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Back-to-back 45-minute interviews for the first round. Some time was spent on behavioral questions, but the case was clearly the only thing of interest to the interviewers. For the cases, they seemed to want me to go on a very specific route (they had several charts that only made sense if they were presented in a certain order). Because the interviewers offered no direction beyond stating the initial problem, it took some trial and error to get on the right track.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you, as a leader, had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university on-campus recruiting and heard back according to deadlines they had given. Had first round interview at university, after which I was invited to final round interview at office I had preferenced. Second round interviews were much more difficult than first round, but first round was honestly quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Business case concerning placement of specialty audio products in cars   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

You must must must practice case studies with a partner, it's not really enough to just read Case in Point (although it's a good starting point). You can't really be over prepared. Make sure to be organized and logical in your approach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Notre Dame, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through Campus Recruiting. A few days after the application was due, I received notice that I had been selected as an alternate. I was able to sign up and get a time slot. Two nights before the interviews they held a case interview workshop to walk applicants through how BCG conducts a case interview. I had two back to back case interviews with each having a behavioral or fit portion.

Interview Questions

• It was two case interviews. After that it was very open ended for the fit portion. I spoke with one interviewer about my study abroad experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Paper application, then behavioral phone interview, then two 30 minute cases. It was a fantastic experience and they really worked hard to make the company seem friendly and fun. I'm disappointed to not have made it to the final round but had a blast in the process and learned so much.

Interview Questions

• One of my cases was about a health insurance premiums.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

1st round of 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. Standard behavioral questions and a case.
    2nd round of 3 back to back 45 minute interviews. Requires more creativity. They usually let the candidates know about the good news the evening of the interview day.

Interview Questions

• The case questions are not extremely difficult but they do require you to learn about a new industry quickly. One of the most difficult part is to perform well for 3 hours long.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I went through on-campus recruiting from an Ivy League school. Had 2 back-to-back, 45min interviews with 15min on fit questions and 30min on a case. One interview was with a Project Leader and the other was with a Consultant. Very straightforward cases and general consulting questions (Why consulting? When have you worked on a team with difficult team members? etc.) Heard back within a week that I made it to final rounds at my top office choice. Was flown out and final round interviews were the same as first round, although they were with higher-ups in the firm.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

On campus recruiting with an info session, case prep workshop, online application. On-campus first round interview.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After on-campus networking sessions, the next step was to apply via my campus career center for an on-campus interview. The first round, they interviewed around 100 candidates on-campus, with a relatively small fraction moving onto second-rounds at each native office. The first-round consisted of two 45-minute interviews, with about 10-15 minutes of fit and a case for each. The second round was a similar format at the BCG office in my city of choice, but the cases were generally more involved, with the case given to me by the Partner being significantly more challenging and quantitative.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how the situation that we have reached in this case is game theoretical, and how you would choose the best option.   Answer Question