Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.8

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a weeks notice to interview. The interview consisted of an online test, an interview with a consultant, and an interview with a partner, all back to back. The consultant was super friendly, whereas the partner had a straight poker face the entire time. Overall I had a good experience- everyone in the office was super friendly- but after the cases felt like there was no way I would get the job (a bunch of my estimates were off, etc).

Interview Questions

• You look great on paper, but what are you like as a person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation (internship)

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a German office, although I'm from the States. There were various recruitment events for BCG's international offices, and I applied by reaching out to their German recruitment coordinator in charge of the US. The interview process was very simple: two 30-minute interviews with two different Principals from different German offices. Both interviewers were outgoing and interesting to talk to. In both interviews, our conversations took up so much time that we had less than ten minutes left for the case. The cases were simple with basic calculations. After the interviews there was also a written, multiple choice test with various business cases; but I don't believe that it factored into their decision.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

Initial 45 test questions case. After one week, first round of interviews with consultants, one week later another round of interviews with 2 principals. Failed at the end of one business case. I was afterwards told that I would need more practice and I should try to practice a little bit with a book like Case in Point.

It is not as difficult as it could seem at first. Best advice I could give is not to be nervous. I wasn't and even though it was first interview in my life, I got through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO of a very successful company, what would be your first three policies.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Pretty similar to what I think that you can expect from a consultancy interview first round interview. I had an online case where i needed to answer a certain amount of questions in a set period of time. After that I needed to complete 2 case studies. There was also a personal interview section involved before the case studies.

Interview Questions

• How does your behavior in a group affect the behavior of other people in the group?   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through three rounds of case interviews, including an online case test in the first round and another with a brainteaser question thrown in. Final round was two back to back partner case interviews (one classic case and one on analyzing a graph). It was challenging but overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?
      Why BCG?
      We have already seen your CV, so tell me about yourself - who are you beyond what we already know?
      1 Answer

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was invited to interview for the Visiting Associate position after a recruiting event. Had four interviews (2 with project leaders and two partner interviews) and a short online test during the interview process. The interviews were standard 30min fit and 30min case, with the typical cases that you'd get from any of the serious consulting firms.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about what I thought differentiated BCG from McK and Bain   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Interview

Three tough written tests (logics, mathematics, business) plus four case interviews with senior consultants plus one motivational interview with the HR. The process was tough and selective but people were absolutely super nice and put me in the condition to do my best. The whole process lasted more or less one month and a half.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The first step of the Interview process is about one mathematical test and one logical test.
    Regarding the first, you can train yourself using internet software as Assessment day (math section). Calculations are quite easy, but you are under time pressure. You have a series of tables and graphs and some questions for each one.
    Regarding logical part, you have the so-called "semafori" test. It is very difficult to explain and understand

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2016.

Interview

First an online test for about 40 minutes which was very very though. I think all of us doing it more or less failed it. Right after it I had my first case interview. Next round was an other case interview with PL/Principal and final round included 2 partner interviews. During the interviews there was very little chatting, more or less straight to the case.

Interview Questions

• Cases varied a lot, one was an odd one brainstorming where you weren't allowed to take some time to make notes or structure it. I was drwan a graph and needed to explain it by talking through a possible business model and competitive landscape. (Partner interview)   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and they got back to me within the week. After that, the process was pretty long and included 3 rounds of interviews:

- 1st round: computer-based test + 1 hour case + fit interview
    - 2nd round: in-basket case + 1 hour case + fit interview
    - 3rd round: in-basket case + 1 hour case + fit interview

Interview Questions

• - Computer-based test: answer 24 questions in 20 minutes, similar to McKinsey's test. Resembles to GMAT's Integrated Reasoning, but MUCH harder.

- Regular Cases: interviewee-led, to some extend. BIG focus on the framework (really important to have a fine structure).

- In-basket case: soooo freakin' hard ! They give you a pile of information about a case, and you have 3 questions to answer.based on that. You are alone in a room for 2 hours to prepare, and then present your findings during a 20' presentation.
      Answer Question