Boston Financial Mutual Fund Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Financial Mutual Fund Representative Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Sat down with two managers and went over my resume asking me questions about it and then they told me I was awesome and I got the job and I accepted and now i love it

Interview Questions

• How did you go about running your own company at such a young age?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Financial

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Financial.

Interview

Very quick. Phone call from a recruiter and a 1 on 1 interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

Phone interview, in-interview - behavior questions

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in September 2013.

Interview

call you or email you for an interview at the main office. You check in at the front desk and someone comes to grab you. The interview was with two upper management members and they take turn asking you questions. The first 3-5 questions are to get to know you and they ask who you know who works there. The questions become gradually harder and there are a lot of behavioral questions and questions asking what you would do in certain situations where there are not enough resources. There are also ethical questions, the interview can trip you up if you don't review questions before the interview. If you passed the interview they will call you to do a drug test, then a background check.

Interview Questions

• average interview questions, a lot of behavioral questions, and what you would do in certain instances   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

Very laid back, straight to the point, no pressure. Interview was conducted by two hiring managers who were very professional and friendly. The entire process was fast, there was not much waiting time between arriving at the facility to going to the interview. I was escorted to the interview by one of the higher up managers as a welcome and she was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Problems encountered in previous work places and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Mutual Funds Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Financial.

Interview

Phone interview then and in person interview with basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in June 2012.

Interview

Just one interview with two unit managers. Interview for a part-time job, so there were just a few standard behavioral interview questions. Nothing too tough, crazy, or intrusive. Fairly easy process. However, the company (like most large corporations, I suppose) took over 3 months to get back to me with no communication between application submission and interview, then interview and call for offer. So, despite the easy application and interviews, it took over 6 months to actually go through the process. There is no communication (even if you call; they bounce you around to people who "know nothing" until you give up asking), so you end up feeling like they are wasting your time and stringing you along (taking advantage of a down job market). I really hate and cannot stand this level of poor communication and in many respects, disrespect for applicants, but also understand that this is kind of standard practice for mid to large sized corporations. I applied for a few full-time/career jobs before moving on, and I experienced the same experience. No communication. Never know if your applicaiton actually got submitted, and they make it very difficult to even find or contact hiring managers (or decision makers), so it's tough to feel good about the process.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of any AP style writing experience you have had in previous employment or coursework?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Take offer or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in May 2012.

Interview

Quick one time interview. They ask all the basic questions about your personality and situations where your personal strengths come out.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in October 2011.

Interview

Average to fairly long application process online. They hire about 30 people at a time every few months. Receive a call to come in and be interviewed. I haven't heard of anyone yet that has received a call and didn't get hired after the interview.
    Interview is all basic HR hiring questions you'll be asked by a HR rep and a manager taking notes. Questions will be ones like "talk about a struggle experience and how you manged to get through it" and "talk about your best and worst attributes" simple questions like that.

Interview Questions

• all fairly easy personality/life experience questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Financial (Lawrence, KS) in October 2010.

Interview

They had two people in the interview, one was writing the, the other was talking and asking questions. Very basic interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you disagreed with decision a boss made in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They stated they did not have an option to go higher on pay.