Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview and 1 onsite interview with a panel. Standard interview process. Great offices and people were very nice. After the interviews I received follow up soon and was informed that I would hear back shortly and I did!

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your background. Experience within field. Explain certain examples of past work.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen and came in for an in person interview with four different people. Overall, this was a very negative experience. One interviewer spent more than half an hour speaking about how people on MassHealth were lazy and simply didn't want to work and that the state should not be subsidizing healthcare for lazy people. I found this to be deeply troubling, as most of their insurance plans cover people who are receiving MassHealth. I had no interest in working for a place that has such a negative view of their customers. This completely changed my view of the organization and I would never choose to work there.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Charlestown, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone first then had a in person interview with the team I would be working with. The whole process took about 4 weeks. The recruiter was very helpful and informed me of the position and company in depth details.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initially there was a Phone interview, then from the phone interview with the manager of department will then let HR know if they want a face to face interview. The face to face was 3 hours long. I met with HR, then the department manager, then my co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Experience related to the position, each person who interviewed me had my resume and asked questions.   Answer Question

Benefits Policy and Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial contact was a small phone interview with the HR recruiter.
    Second contact was a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    Next contact was a sit down interview with the HR recruiter, the hiring manager and her support staff, the VP of the department, and 3 VP's of other departments with direct working relationships with the department that housed the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Many questions revolved around project managment and how I would proceed to work through these issues.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and Face to face interview with management level. They would have never contacted you back even though how much you try to ask for the interview result. I feel very disappointed about the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my pas experience, education and how to manage things during work.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was long and drawn out. I applied on line and didn't hear any thing for 4-5 weeks. Then I was called for an interview, then had 2 more interviews a week a part. (3 interviews for a staff position) I can't imagine how many interviews the CEO had.It took another 2 weeks before I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• I was not really asked any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it situation.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online; received an email about 2 weeks later requesting I come in for an interview to meet with 1 person in senior management as they were very interested. Was a bit surprised that I did not interview with other managers on the team that this role would directly support.

In person interview went pretty good (I thought). No difficult questions, just the normal "tell me about your responsibilities here and there ... and here too". It was a "dry" interview for the most part so it makes it difficult to tell if you are holding the interest of the listener or not. Went through my entire work history on my resume (about 10 years back). My interviewee seemed like a nice person and that he might know of what he was looking for in terms of this particular role which is always helpful.

Sent a thank you letter and hoped for the best. Was told I would receive feedback shortly only leading me to follow up a week later to find out more managerial years of experience was desired. This was a bit confusing as the interview did not focus on the number of years in managing staff - it was more on where I've been, for how long, the reason for moving on and some claims experience as well as documentation skills. A little misleading finding out the end results.

Would like to keep my eyes open for other opportunities with them should they arise as I hear it's a good place to work however, I think recruiters need to be a bit more honest and up front from the start rather than moving forward with an interviewing process if you seem to be sure of what you are looking for in a candidate to successfully fulfill your vacancy. But hey, everything happens for a reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience there ... why'd you leave, how did you audit the claims process?   Answer Question

Complex Care Clinician (Nurse) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (New Bedford, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

entire process took over 3 months; slow response to resume, one in person interview with nurse manager, one over the phone- both lasted an hour. then 4-6 weeks for process (CORI check, references, etc) to be completed

Interview Questions

• provided hypothetical case scenario with multiple factors. asked to prioritize goals and then how to best address them   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. job description said salary would not be higher then mid 70's, the offer was for 74,000.00

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Manchester, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

On line application, multiple phone interviews with multiple management levels, in person interview with management and Co workers ..it too some time but was well worth it.. I felt like they really wanted to make good decisions about employees

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there   1 Answer
    • Where did I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer