Boston Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Assistant Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the Boston office followed up by a quick meeting with an HR representative. In total the whole process took close to one and a half hours. The interviewers were very friendly and the whole experience was nothing but positive.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

It was lengthy and drawn out over nearly 2 months. There were several different interviews and back and forth going on meanwhile hearing nothing about whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that you can bring to the table?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Properties.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, but overall a pretty smooth process. Everyone was genuinely interested in my experience and wanted to talk to me. Nice bunch of people and good experience interviewing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process was somewhat long. There were at least 3 interview visits. It took a little over 3 months for them to make the final decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Satisfied

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter at a Staffing Agency that Boston Properties was using for the role. We had a quick chat about my experience and the role, and then asked me to forward my resume so they could talk with the team at BP. I heard back a few days later saying they wanted me to come in, and we coordinated a day that worked. The morning of the interview, I had brief calls with the recruiter and her manager coaching me on things to highlight and focus on, as staffing agency recruiters tend to do in my experience.

I got to the office and was greeted by reception who was friendly and asked if I needed anything and let me know that my first interviewer would be right out. Not too long afterwards the first interviewer, the Compensation & HRIS Analyst greeted me and brought me into the interview room. We had a good conversation about my background, his role, how the roles interact, and my interest. Overall, it felt very conversational instead of a bunch of questions, and that's true of everyone I interviewed with. After the first interviewer was done, the second came in, the Benefits Coordinator. We had another lovely conversation that left me excited for the role. Finally, I met with the Director of HR who would be the manager for the role, and we had a great conversation that lasted over an hour and felt very natural.

Towards the end, she walked me out and told me to let her know if I had any questions, etc. My one critique, if this is one, is as I was walking out I saw the next person interviewing for that role- and I only knew that because prior to the interview I was provided with a summary of the company's benefits so I could familiarize myself and I heard them giving this person the same summary.

I called the recruiter and let her know how it went, and she said she would be in touch in a few days, which would be the end of the week. I got an email saying they still had more people and that they would be in touch the next week. I finally got an email letting me know they decided to go with another candidate who had more focused experience in benefits rather than general HR, but that I was their second choice out of seven candidates, making for a bittersweet ending with no real feedback other than to have gotten different experience in the past.

Overall, the process was fairly quick and everyone I talked to was nice; I would definitely apply here again if I see an opportunity,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about background with benefits.
      How would you handle giving someone bad news?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later had a phone interview with a member of HR. Then was scheduled for my first interview at their Boston headquarters. The hiring manager and I made a good connection and she invited me in for a second interview with the legal department. The second interview consisted of four one on one interviews which lasted about 30 minutes each. I was pretty nervous and that was probably clear. Given my experience its surprising I made it that far into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly discussed my experience in great detail.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Properties (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

15 min interview process
    to select the best of the best
    I have been interviewed by the security director
    he is a very kind person
    I went through two weeks training
    be confident do not panic

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      why did you did choose the security industry?
      where do you see your self in five years?   Answer Question

Leasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Series of interviews with different members of the leasing team. Very standard questions in regard to personal experience. Did not seem like there was a formal interview system. Met with three or four people in their conference room. Mainly questions on how I became interested in the industry and Boston Properties.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June 2016. Contacted at end of July 2016 to schedule a phone interview with HR. Invited in for a 4.5-hour interview with 6 members of the team, which went very well. Two interviewers asked a good number of technical / RE valuation-related questions. Others mostly just behavioral and gauging interest. I had no indication there would be more interviews after these four hours. One full week later I was invited in for "another round" of interviews. This one 5.5 hours, and included meeting with six individuals and taking a modeling assessment, which was a specific JV deal Modeling / Proforma case study - not an Excel exercise but very specific RE modeling problem. Interviews went well, modeling went OK. I did not hear back from anyone until a full week later, which was an HR email indicating they were going with someone else. A total of 10.5 hours of interviews (phone and 2 in person), and little insight given from HR notifying me of the need for another long interview had me relatively decided that the company didn't value my time - particularly because I have another job in Finance. I asked HR for some feedback as to the decision given I thought the interviews went great, and they never emailed me back. Felt to me to be a slow-moving "heads down" culture firm with some communication barriers between groups and HR, which the couple of junior interviews admitted about the firm, and I would have liked less of my time invested in the process regardless of whether I received an offer or not. This said, I really enjoyed meeting and speaking with all of the interviewers and would have otherwise enjoyed working with them.

Interview Questions

• Describe intangible units of value for RE property?
      Explain your approach for valuing this building, including individual steps in the model buildup (pointing to building out window)?   Answer Question

Assistant Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boston Properties (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was unexpectedly longer than I had originally thought which turned out to be a good thing! I met with all 3 levels of the management (Seniors, Managers, and controller) and got through multiple rounds of the interview process in one sitting. Everyone was knowledgeable and informative. I got a really good picture of what the roll might be like and what challenges one might face in the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Boston Properties would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question