Boston Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

First, phone screened by in-house recruiter. Approx 1 week later, received an email to confirm a second phone interview with a manager in the department. Each call was a positive experience with questions focusing on going through details on my resume. A couple days later, received an email to schedule an on-site interview.

Next, went to on-site interview. I was taken to a conference room where multiple engineers/managers/HR reps rotated through the room(one person at a time) to ask questions. Most questions focused on resume details, giving examples of work experience and competency type questions. One person asked detailed, technical questions about one of my work experiences as well. Also, each person always left time for the applicant to ask questions. Everyone was polite and up beat. Overall a very positive experience.

MRI Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First there was one phone interview with the hiring manager to go over the job, and what I was interested in. Then in about week or so there was a onsite interview. This involved meeting the hiring manager, then an HR person along with various members of the team. I would say there was about 9 people in total. It was usually a 45 minute time slot with either one on one or me and two other employees.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about what was on my resume and to see if I could solve problems. An example would be they would ask about a project and then how many levels deep you went to solve the problems and how you went about doing it.   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Communicated with taken acquisition initially to set up and onsite interview. No phone interview for a screening.

While onsite, met two techs who introduced me to the building and manufacturing facility. It was a great tour, and they were very helpful and desired questions from me. This lasted about one hour.

Unfortunately, the interview itself started off poorly due to the initial interviewer being late and woefully unprepared and perhaps unintentionally condescending. Interviewer assumed I was from another state (clearly confusing me with someone else), had a poor demeanor and I sensed a minor ego. Unfairly, this set the perception of Boston Scientific on the wrong foot. He left, after a poor interview, and then was interviewed by three other peers.

One gentlemen was an outstanding interviewer. Very cognate, aware, easy to converse with and asked great questions to find if this was a fit or not. Great job to him!

The other two were average, albeit quiet. I accepted another position, but also presume I wouldn't have gotten the position anyway as I do not feel it would've been a great fit for my skill set. A screen would've been beneficial to avoid utilizing resources.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire process was run very professionally and overall it was a very positive experience. The entire team from ranging from HR to the individual divisions were helpful every step of the way. There were no surprises in the face to face interviews and the follow up was relatively quick. Based on this process, I believe the culture here is very balanced and would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting in.   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next round was in person with 6 people either on site or via video conference. Followed up multiple times with recruiter who kept saying they will get back to me by the end of the week. I stopped following up after a few weeks. Very unprofessional to not close the loop.

Interview Questions

• Common questions about my background and qualifications   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school's website. Received a call about a phone interview only. After phone interview received a call about an in-person interview (they did not coordinate). Interviewer was cool. Asked questions about a project on resume, and how to optimize the result. Atypical interview (no normal interview questions asked).

Interview Questions

• Show how you would optimize [project on resume] to be better.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews included a HR phone screen, a phone conversation with the hiring manager, and all-day in-person interviews at the company's offices in Valencia with the marketing team. One thing that made the interview process difficult was that it was only communicated to me towards the end of the process that I was interviewing for a slightly different position / product team than what I had originally applied to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions around leadership and project management capabilities, as well as understanding of marketing & product management frameworks any how the candidate has applied them in past experiences.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked me to interview for the open position. Had a quick phone interview and then was scheduled for a face-to-face shortly after. The face-to-face lasted about 60 minutes.

Engineer, R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

First I was contacted by a "Talent Acquisition Specialist" from Boston Scientific. After speaking with her, I was scheduled to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was interviewing for several different positions within the department. Upon the conclusion of the interview, he said he would pass the information obtained to the various functional managers in his department.

Principal Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people and each came with a list of questions. Each interview lasted for about 30-45 minutes. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel at ease which helped with interview nerves.

I was so disappointed that after hours worth of interview time, I was never contacted by the recruiter. I even sent a follow-up email but was no successful in receiving a response. I would think that they would have enough of a courtesy to AT LEAST send a generic email letting you know that you didn't qualify for the job after the interview. Very rude and disappointing in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What sort of presentations and data analysis have you done in your past experience?   Answer Question