Boston Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Communicated with taken acquisition initially to set up and onsite interview. No phone interview for a screening.

While onsite, met two techs who introduced me to the building and manufacturing facility. It was a great tour, and they were very helpful and desired questions from me. This lasted about one hour.

Unfortunately, the interview itself started off poorly due to the initial interviewer being late and woefully unprepared and perhaps unintentionally condescending. Interviewer assumed I was from another state (clearly confusing me with someone else), had a poor demeanor and I sensed a minor ego. Unfairly, this set the perception of Boston Scientific on the wrong foot. He left, after a poor interview, and then was interviewed by three other peers.

One gentlemen was an outstanding interviewer. Very cognate, aware, easy to converse with and asked great questions to find if this was a fit or not. Great job to him!

The other two were average, albeit quiet. I accepted another position, but also presume I wouldn't have gotten the position anyway as I do not feel it would've been a great fit for my skill set. A screen would've been beneficial to avoid utilizing resources.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My Interview with the Territory Manager was very casual and thorough. I found it very informative and very positive as well. Overall I would recommend this company to work for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire process was run very professionally and overall it was a very positive experience. The entire team from ranging from HR to the individual divisions were helpful every step of the way. There were no surprises in the face to face interviews and the follow up was relatively quick. Based on this process, I believe the culture here is very balanced and would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting in.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone Interviews, first was with my boss second was with two of his colleagues. Reviewed my resume, told me about job requirements and answered my questions. had me describe my engineering projects.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Normally you will have an in person interview with BSC employees and then have a second round over the phone with management. That usually happens a week after your first interview.

Interview Questions

• Leadership question: What have you found to be most effective in building relationships with team members? Are there certain personalities you don’t work with as well? Explain   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Smooth. Organized. Pleasurable experience. Management and executives were very engaged; focused a great deal on ensuring the role and the candidate would be a terrific match. In retrospect, the interview messaging turned out to be a pleasant case of under-promising, and then over-delivering.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR Manager on campus and then had two phone screens in the following week. The tone was conversational, yet professional. Everyone I spoke with was kind, curious about my experience, and interesting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. It was 4 steps starting with a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to an onsite interview which took 1.5 hours. The I was asked to do a small standard project in a week and write a report about my solution. After that I was invited to another onsite interview to present my thoughts and solutions to the project I have given and a couple of individual interviews. It took about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the fundamentals in the area you want to work in.
      Some behavioral questions.
      Just a bit about your scientific background.
      Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next round was in person with 6 people either on site or via video conference. Followed up multiple times with recruiter who kept saying they will get back to me by the end of the week. I stopped following up after a few weeks. Very unprofessional to not close the loop.

Interview Questions

• Common questions about my background and qualifications   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school's website. Received a call about a phone interview only. After phone interview received a call about an in-person interview (they did not coordinate). Interviewer was cool. Asked questions about a project on resume, and how to optimize the result. Atypical interview (no normal interview questions asked).

Interview Questions

• Show how you would optimize [project on resume] to be better.   1 Answer