Boston Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Several rounds with too many middle managers. No interviewing with higher positions like directors. Had to go in many times, at least three rounds. Then after several months, the offer came from another manager, not the one I thought I had interviewed for. The great manager, did not have her budget approved, so she urged the jerk to hire me. Ended up working for a major creep who made my life a living hell. EVERYONE quit who reported to her, everyone! Her turnover was 100% at six months and day.

Interview Questions

• All questions are quantifiable results. Tell them what you did and how much $'s brought in, of $'s saved.   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Galway (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring interview consistent of two back to back interviews. Interview team 1 was HR and Engineering Manager. Team 2 were twox Engineering Managers. Back to back interviews with a pause between interviews to allow the team to huddle wit hthe next team. Decision was communicated withing 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers clearly explained the process of the interview and would encourage and press for competency based answers. Give me an example of how you....? Describe your leadership style?? Questions a mix of determining leadership style, urgency, results focus, evidence of efficiency gains, . The most important asect is to have examples to back up what you say.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is limited.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. It was 4 steps starting with a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to an onsite interview which took 1.5 hours. The I was asked to do a small standard project in a week and write a report about my solution. After that I was invited to another onsite interview to present my thoughts and solutions to the project I have given and a couple of individual interviews. It took about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the fundamentals in the area you want to work in.
      Some behavioral questions.
      Just a bit about your scientific background.
      Answer Question

Software Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through online career fair. Recruiters discussed resume through chat, then scheduled a phone interview. It was a technical phone interview, which lasted for a duration of one hour. The process was efficient and quick.

Interview Questions

• plenty of electronics related questions. E.g. Capacitor is charged to 2V, then attached to 5ohm transmission line in series with a 5v battery. What is the final voltage of the capacitor?   Answer Question

Business Development and Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

Rigorous. Consisted of phone screen, and three face to face interviews in various cities to start things off. Then, was required to create and memorize a presentation and business plan, followed by full day interview in field prior to final interview with multiple interviewers.

QA/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from the technical recruiter discussing my background and asking me have I done technical writing before. Then, he sent my resume to to the hiring manager. I was called to schedule an 1:1 interview. He called me to go over interview process. Before interview, I had to review some of my main areas and the scorecard attached for what I will be evaluated on. It's good to have programming language skills definitely a plus.

I had an interview with a hiring manager. Actually as a technical writing, I did not expect a hard interview questions, especially Microsoft office(Excel, PPT, Word) for how to use document formats. She advised me to go back home and review documentation. At the end of interview, I decided to not have this position and plus no offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some technical writings you have/experienced?   Answer Question

Xamarin Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took more than one month. It was arranged by Synergy consultant. First, it was telephonic round for about 45 minutes which was totally technical. After that, I got call from consultant that I am qualified for the next round which was conference call also technical from US project manager and India project manager.

After all this, I got call from consultant that I have to come for VC to their Gurgaon office. It was technical too with US guy. I got some case study after the call to solve and present my idea or code snippet around it. It all went good then I waited around 1 hour and called for HR round. It lasted for half an hour and mostly discussion around my experience but then I was told that they will inform me and didn't hear from them for 2 weeks.

Atleast they should inform if they are declining the candidature. I called them and they told me that post got on hold and out of nowhere I got information from some third party that they hired someone.

I was all good but just got disappointed from their last response but I think it was all consultant fault.

Interview Questions

• Technical mostly around C# and object oriented programming   Answer Question

Product Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Galway (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Done through agency. Computer test, dexterity test and it has a 50% approval rate. Medical exam is necessary. Reference check. Interview with recruiters and after interview on site with team leaders

Interview Questions

• The usual, do you have experience, why would want to work for us, Can you commit to a repetitive job.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Galway (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Invited to complete an asynchronous video interview, Interviewed on campus. I was asked about my degree and about project work which I had done. The questions generally focused on interpersonal skills

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Grilling but completely worth it!
    Be thoroughly prepared . May ask about strengths weaknesses and interests , situational discussions on cases and case studies. Ends with a presentation on healthcare

Interview Questions

• What is the turnover of medical device industry   1 Answer