Boston Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews included a HR phone screen, a phone conversation with the hiring manager, and all-day in-person interviews at the company's offices in Valencia with the marketing team. One thing that made the interview process difficult was that it was only communicated to me towards the end of the process that I was interviewing for a slightly different position / product team than what I had originally applied to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions around leadership and project management capabilities, as well as understanding of marketing & product management frameworks any how the candidate has applied them in past experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring interview was very simple and smooth for me. The recruiter came to my school and he interviewed me for like 15 minutes. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I chose my school and my major.
      what I like about my major and what I am planning on doing after graduation in the spring.
      the interviewer was basically looking to see my critical thinking skills.
      1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

The process took more than a month. After phone interview with hiring manager and other engineers I was assigned to take Brainbench online test for embedded systems and I was told that it is a standard way of the process. I took that test, which was moderate on difficulty. A few weeks later I was invited for onsite interview. The interview was friendly. A week later I was called and offered for this position, however the salary range was far below of my expectations. Finally I have declined this offer, because I had gotten a better offer. I would advise to hiring managers informing potential candidates about salary range for this position prior to inviting for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions related to problem solving, algorithms, RTOS and embedded programming.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked me to interview for the open position. Had a quick phone interview and then was scheduled for a face-to-face shortly after. The face-to-face lasted about 60 minutes.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with hiring manager and third interview is with the hiring manager in person as well as other team members over phone and telepresence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you were in and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Business Development and Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

Rigorous. Consisted of phone screen, and three face to face interviews in various cities to start things off. Then, was required to create and memorize a presentation and business plan, followed by full day interview in field prior to final interview with multiple interviewers.

Engineer, R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

First I was contacted by a "Talent Acquisition Specialist" from Boston Scientific. After speaking with her, I was scheduled to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was interviewing for several different positions within the department. Upon the conclusion of the interview, he said he would pass the information obtained to the various functional managers in his department.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me how a CMOS Imaging sensor works?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interview, first phone interview, then in-person interviews with 4 managers. It was a long process that required two rounds of in-person interview due to a hiring freeze or some restructuring happening at the company. Took way longer than expected. Some managers focused on technical knowledge, some focused on pursuit of certifications, some focused on questions about taking initiative. Pretty thorough in various aspects.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing to continuously improve your skillsets after formal education?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process began with a 30min phone interview with a senior fellow. Then a face to face was scheduled for two weeks later. It was a series of 1 on 1 with Managers, PM, fellow, senior engineers, and peers. There were standard questions about my resume, white space thought experiment, and a product show and tell/design innovation on the fly. Great people and 2-way conversations overall. Although no offer was made due to mismatched skill set/experience, HR was nice enough to call and inform of the reason.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to make a product now, any product, where would you start and how? (Simply a way of gauging your under standing of their PDP)   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews with Senior R&D Engineers within the division I'd be working. One interviewer brought in a product and told me to identify which mechanical parameters were important. One just wanted to know about my background, things listed on my resume. One was more interested in my personality, how I prioritized things and how I worked in teams