Boston Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. It was 4 steps starting with a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to an onsite interview which took 1.5 hours. The I was asked to do a small standard project in a week and write a report about my solution. After that I was invited to another onsite interview to present my thoughts and solutions to the project I have given and a couple of individual interviews. It took about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the fundamentals in the area you want to work in.
      Some behavioral questions.
      Just a bit about your scientific background.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews included a HR phone screen, a phone conversation with the hiring manager, and all-day in-person interviews at the company's offices in Valencia with the marketing team. One thing that made the interview process difficult was that it was only communicated to me towards the end of the process that I was interviewing for a slightly different position / product team than what I had originally applied to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions around leadership and project management capabilities, as well as understanding of marketing & product management frameworks any how the candidate has applied them in past experiences.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next round was in person with 6 people either on site or via video conference. Followed up multiple times with recruiter who kept saying they will get back to me by the end of the week. I stopped following up after a few weeks. Very unprofessional to not close the loop.

Interview Questions

• Common questions about my background and qualifications   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school's website. Received a call about a phone interview only. After phone interview received a call about an in-person interview (they did not coordinate). Interviewer was cool. Asked questions about a project on resume, and how to optimize the result. Atypical interview (no normal interview questions asked).

Interview Questions

• Show how you would optimize [project on resume] to be better.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The hiring interview was very simple and smooth for me. The recruiter came to my school and he interviewed me for like 15 minutes. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I chose my school and my major.
      what I like about my major and what I am planning on doing after graduation in the spring.
      the interviewer was basically looking to see my critical thinking skills.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

The process took more than a month. After phone interview with hiring manager and other engineers I was assigned to take Brainbench online test for embedded systems and I was told that it is a standard way of the process. I took that test, which was moderate on difficulty. A few weeks later I was invited for onsite interview. The interview was friendly. A week later I was called and offered for this position, however the salary range was far below of my expectations. Finally I have declined this offer, because I had gotten a better offer. I would advise to hiring managers informing potential candidates about salary range for this position prior to inviting for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions related to problem solving, algorithms, RTOS and embedded programming.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked me to interview for the open position. Had a quick phone interview and then was scheduled for a face-to-face shortly after. The face-to-face lasted about 60 minutes.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with hiring manager and third interview is with the hiring manager in person as well as other team members over phone and telepresence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you were in and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

Rigorous. Consisted of phone screen, and three face to face interviews in various cities to start things off. Then, was required to create and memorize a presentation and business plan, followed by full day interview in field prior to final interview with multiple interviewers.

Engineer, R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

First I was contacted by a "Talent Acquisition Specialist" from Boston Scientific. After speaking with her, I was scheduled to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was interviewing for several different positions within the department. Upon the conclusion of the interview, he said he would pass the information obtained to the various functional managers in his department.